New developements and even after that had to adopt a new bird.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
So first thing I've apperently gone viral...and least my birds have.... The "quaker breaks up fight between two budgies" has jumped in like two weeks from 40 views to like 46K views.....not sure why I think it ended up on youtube shorts and ran the rounds there.

20230827_111144.jpg

So anyways my birds are more famous than I will ever be.....and I'M FINE WITH THAT, they are the pretty and talented ones.

Secondly, the person I first adopted budgies from texted me...I send them updates on thier progress. Anyways someone bought a budgie and decided nope I guess, then the person I got the four from got it, then they thought of me knowing i could raise them with freedom so..... New budgie....

They nmed him something silly I forgot it about five seconds later but its a baby so new naming is fine... This one is kind of grey so I thought of names on way home with it, misty, cloudy, iron, ...all stupid. Then I decided, grey.....He's the machine! Machine is the new budgie in my flock.

The birds are still confused but it seems to be going ok. They all wanted to lunge a bit but after I explanied in MAN VOICE that the new bird is under my protection they kind of decided ok.
Machine is in the center.
20230827_082041.jpg

20230827_110530.jpg

I'll update as we go.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So first thing I've apperently gone viral...and least my birds have.... The "quaker breaks up fight between two budgies" has jumped in like two weeks from 40 views to like 46K views.....not sure why I think it ended up on youtube shorts and ran the rounds there.

View attachment 53767

So anyways my birds are more famous than I will ever be.....and I'M FINE WITH THAT, they are the pretty and talented ones.

Secondly, the person I first adopted budgies from texted me...I send them updates on thier progress. Anyways someone bought a budgie and decided nope I guess, then the person I got the four from got it, then they thought of me knowing i could raise them with freedom so..... New budgie....

They nmed him something silly I forgot it about five seconds later but its a baby so new naming is fine... This one is kind of grey so I thought of names on way home with it, misty, cloudy, iron, ...all stupid. Then I decided, grey.....He's the machine! Machine is the new budgie in my flock.

The birds are still confused but it seems to be going ok. They all wanted to lunge a bit but after I explanied in MAN VOICE that the new bird is under my protection they kind of decided ok.
Machine is in the center.
View attachment 53769

View attachment 53770

I'll update as we go.
Congrats Justin, and welcome home, Machine! You sure are a little cutie! 😍

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Took today and tomorrow off to make sure the budgie is ok to be free and not locked up. In the morning everyone (bigger bird wise) was kind of "who is this again" but later on, they started to ignore the new one. So I think he'll be fine. They ignore the other budgies, and don't attack so as soon as the newness goes away I think he will be fine.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Don’t you just love bird dynamics? 😂

Congratulations on your new edition. Hopefully he gets settled in quickly.

Last edited:

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
Congrats on getting Machine!
Just had to go watch the video and it was too funny!
The quaker is like a referee and was like I am not having it! Not on my watch...LOL
Love the colors of the quaker!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Can you believe it?
I made the video for like 40 people (Maybe that.......... to watch)...ON HERE parrot forums. It's not viral but, it's in the reccomended feeds I guess.

20230901_183947.jpg

20230901_184004.jpg

My Quaker is more famous than at least a few C & D list celebs.

Also the Machine is doing fine. He's integrated into the flock now and hangs out on my flat panel monitor with the rest.

No problem getting him back in the cage at night. 10/10 good budgie.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Part two.....the green budgie really has a hard on for the white one....this time the quakers screw him over....

Most Reactions

Latest posts