My new Grey irn Joe

jadirn

Feb 12, 2018
Hello there i bring in my new irn

still we dont know if male or female

got a ring on his leg numbers on it

4 5 16

any way i called him joe , seems like he is healthy , because he is beautiful

he eat well as i see him till now i saw him eat ( apple - strawberry - banana - pear - guava ) + + his bellets mixed with seeds

he step up to my hand , but feel like he is scare

but he try to talk even when he is on my hand < funny talk with my wife more than me

when i take him with me to kitchen , he try to take what on my hand or he try to reach it

always his cage open < in this , i dont saw him sleep on his cage always he go out , up cage and sleep

from all this i want to know if thats all normal or not

this is a picture of joe

Joenew.jpg

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Cage is too small and that's probably why he doesn't like to be inside of it. I had a cage that was too small for my bird and he hated it and loves him new big cage and loves to go inside. Joe also needs more perches in the cage and lots of toys but you MUST get a bigger one asap! Just imagine being cramped inside a small box all day with no books or TV or anything to do...would you like it? No you would not and neither does Joe. Joe is smart and needs things to play with and occupy his mind and room to play.

Last edited:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Hello and welcome! Such a very handsome boy you have there!

Sunnyclover is right, that cage is in no way appropriate size for your bird. You really should look at one that is a minimum of 32 inches x 34 inches, and about 4’ (48”) tall to accommodate his long magnificent tail. You’ll see a huge change in him simply by making this change.

OP
J

jadirn

Feb 12, 2018
thanks evey body , this cage where he come from , sure i am plan to get new one as soon as possible

how's abut all other things , like sleep- his day

i am out home from 8 am to 14:00 , i keep the T.V on all the day for him , , at night , i try to light off everything and keep one light out the room , with a little door opened

is that the way how they sleep ?!

also should i keep the T.V always on ?!

abut food ( bellets + seeds always on his cage 24/7 lol he is just 2 days on my home )

try to add some fruit for him throw the day

wanna let this bird happy thats it

Most Reactions

Latest posts