My next step how to freelight

lebachu

Dec 4, 2013
Parrots
grey - name Sol
Hello all. I'm currently training African gray parrots . next how to fly outdoors ? thank all
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9CIFQNBYk"]tập bay vòng 30-11-2013 - YouTube[/ame]

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Hi lebachu - I can't help with your free flighting because I have never done that, but I sure enjoyed your video :) thank you for posting it, and welcome to the parrot forums

OP
lebachu

lebachu

Dec 4, 2013
Parrots
grey - name Sol
hi thank GaryBV .I did drop a few species of parrots fly outdoors. but yet fly with African grey
I WANT TO LEARNING EXPERIENCE FROM EVERYONE .expecting people to help me ^^

OP
lebachu

lebachu

Dec 4, 2013
Parrots
grey - name Sol
here is my training process
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AHbCJlZX1Q"]vẹt xám châu phi- bay khá thành thạo - YouTube[/ame]

solrac13

Dec 14, 2013
Media
Shenzhen South of China
Parrots
Electus vosmaeri, male
Hellow lebchu

I admire your love for birds, also like the idea of free flight training, but I would not recommend you allowing your birds to step on trees at any circumstance. my bird was so well train that he would freak out just stepping for 2 seconds on a branch of a tree

I use to do free flight with an Africain Grey during 2 years in the midle of the city of Paris France and he was really good at it, he could fly as far more then 2 kilometers of my eye seen, he use to do figures on the air and shaice pigeons

I c you are in Vietname and you have many trees in your area, the reason i say so is because some times they just dont listen at your recall and stay there eating leaves or wood

Also dont flight them on a very hot day, that is how i lost my bird!
It was so hot he just flu to a fresh place to hide from heat, never saw him again, but i learn he ended up in a balcony of an old lady who kept him for good

Good luck :green2:

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
I have no words...EXCEPT..do you have a bond with your bird?..at all?

I do have a free flighted umbrella cockatoo and unless our bond was strong I just don't know if he would still be here. He was never clicker trained or professionally trained in anyway. If he didn't love me and consider me his mate, he would not be hanging around, I know this in my heart.

Last edited:
OP
lebachu

lebachu

Dec 4, 2013
Parrots
grey - name Sol
Hellow lebchu

I admire your love for birds, also like the idea of free flight training, but I would not recommend you allowing your birds to step on trees at any circumstance. my bird was so well train that he would freak out just stepping for 2 seconds on a branch of a tree

I use to do free flight with an Africain Grey during 2 years in the midle of the city of Paris France and he was really good at it, he could fly as far more then 2 kilometers of my eye seen, he use to do figures on the air and shaice pigeons

I c you are in Vietname and you have many trees in your area, the reason i say so is because some times they just dont listen at your recall and stay there eating leaves or wood

Also dont flight them on a very hot day, that is how i lost my bird!
It was so hot he just flu to a fresh place to hide from heat, never saw him again, but i learn he ended up in a balcony of an old lady who kept him for good

Good luck :green2:

thank solrac13. I thought otherwise. tree is perched on one of the exercises in my training process. I laid out the situation if I can not recover the parrot. the highest probability is that they sleep on the tree .so that I regularly trained parrots flew down from a tree. Reference 1 and I have some material they do like me

Most Reactions

Latest posts