Indian ring neck
please check these pics 20130919_001613.jpg20130919_001639.jpg

Should i give these drops to him?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
The Neosporin has a mild pain reliever in it also.....just be gentle when rubbibg it into the injury.....

Hello I would like to thank u for u help on the forum u have been guiding me nicely since morning.i checked with 20storez n pharmacies for the med u told me I showed ur post as well they told me neosporin is not available in cream or ointment in pakistan. Could u please tell me the genric name of the cream or salt? Do I need to get it shipped from usa?
Pls help.thank u:green:

You are welcome.....I checked and the Neosporin is a topical, triple antibiotic made from a combination of neomycin, polymyxin B sulfate, and bacitracin. It is not for internal use.....without knowing what else might be mixed with a compound, I could not get a doctor or pharmacist offer any suggestions.....

Since it has been several days since the injury, and as long as the open wound is kept clean, my veterinarian feels that your bird will recover nicely.....he did say that as long as there were no visible broken bones, there could be small cracks, but if your bird was moving around and moving its wings, there were probably just some serious bruises, like what you are seeing with his toes on the one foot.....he said that while no broken bone is evident, the nerves could have been seriously injured and stopped working for a while, however he thinks that they will return to normal after several weeks.....

My veterinarian said to tell you that it is not a good idea to let your bird sleep with you because it can be very easy for you to roll on the bird while you are sleeping and he said that you are very nice to try so hard to find the right medications for the bird.....he believes that from what you have said about how it is progressing, that you should continue to keep the bird quiet for another week, but without seeing the bird, it is hard to know how well it is recovering, but if you keep it from flying for another week, it should have a chance to get muck better.....

Good luck.....

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Just spoke to my vet and your Panadol is an acetaminophen based pain reliever that should be administered about 3 times a day, 4 to 5 hours apart, in doses of two drops at a time, for the next 4 days, then stopped if the bird shows improvement and less pain.....he does not think you should try to give the bird any other type of internal medication.....

Good luck.....

Sana, are you a cricket player?

Last edited:
OP
S

sanaliaqatali

Sep 17, 2013
faisalabad, pakistan
Parrots
Indian ring neck
Just spoke to my vet and your Panadol is an acetaminophen based pain reliever that should be administered about 3 times a day, 4 to 5 hours apart, in doses of two drops at a time, for the next 4 days, then stopped if the bird shows improvement and less pain.....he does not think you should try to give the bird any other type of internal medication.....

Good luck.....

Sana, are you a cricket player?
M using samsung n having a hard time using the image hosting accounts.
I have posted some images for u pls help.thank u. U r so kind n nice.
M not giving him any med but have given him one drop of panadol instead of two. Plz get back to me after checking the images.

OP
S

sanaliaqatali

Sep 17, 2013
faisalabad, pakistan
Parrots
Indian ring neck
Weco m not a cricket player.m a freelancer.do I act like a player? No matter how hard I am from the outside I have a little, innocent heart inside

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Weco m not a cricket player.m a freelancer.do I act like a player? No matter how hard I am from the outside I have a little, innocent heart inside

Not necessarily, but it is often easier when someone make a post for help, if one knows where they are located, as with your difficulty locating Neosporin.....it is no good to suggest something that you cannot find.....

Many people do not post their location, which is OK, but it helps to know when suggesting help, so I just figured out how to separate your name and when you mentioned you were from Faisalabad, I found this website Domestic Players - Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Official Website and thought that might be you.....

I looked at your pictures and other than the yellow from the tumeric, one cannot really tell, but your bird is holding the foot in the normal position he would use it and its toes are not drooping as they might from a broken bone.....as my veterinarian suggested, it might be that the leg was hit by the fan blade and is badly bruised, causing it to keep its foot held up.....

I know it would make you feel much better if your bird could be properly examined, but I think if you agree to keep him quiet for at least a week, he will begin to lower his foot.....

OP
S

sanaliaqatali

Sep 17, 2013
faisalabad, pakistan
Parrots
Indian ring neck

Not necessarily, but it is often easier when someone make a post for help, if one knows where they are located, as with your difficulty locating Neosporin.....it is no good to suggest something that you cannot find.....

Many people do not post their location, which is OK, but it helps to know when suggesting help, so I just figured out how to separate your name and when you mentioned you were from Faisalabad, I found this website Domestic Players - Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Official Website and thought that might be you.....

I looked at your pictures and other than the yellow from the tumeric, one cannot really tell, but your bird is holding the foot in the normal position he would use it and its toes are not drooping as they might from a broken bone.....as my veterinarian suggested, it might be that the leg was hit by the fan blade and is badly bruised, causing it to keep its foot held up.....

I know it would make you feel much better if your bird could be properly examined, but I think if you agree to keep him quiet for at least a week, he will begin to lower his foot.....
Thank u for keep posting here. The wound is not that little that was a small portion the same red wounded skin can be seen under his wing/feather above the affected leg.he opened his feathers today n I could see that his skin waz red all over.he might have hit badly by the blade beneath his left feather while he was flying around the fan. I hope he will recover soon.n will be able to walk on both feet like normal birds. He is a sort of naughty bird si anyone who knows him can understand his pain as he isnt speaking much these days except when he wanted me to see something or be close to him in the room.
As for the location I have updated my profile already. Some skin patches were peeling off from his toes expising a clear surface underneath. I am not concerned abt his leg now because wounds on the toes have healed m worried abt his skin under the feathers n wings on the left side. I believe proper n timely applications of oitment will heal these wounds.
Thanks once again for ur help. I will keep updating the thread from time to time abt his recovery

Most Reactions

Latest posts