My Pick For My Last Bird! Lol! And I Do Mean Last! ;)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
OK, Those that know me are probably thinking, yeah right, last bird! Lol! But my bird room can only hold one more and that is my max for making sure I have time for everyone!

Like many of you I have a husband who gives me that look every time I bring up the subject of getting another bird.

Now in all fairness I had 5 birds. Before Sidney I had 2 Linnies but found them a new home because they just weren't the right fit for us as they didn't like interacting with people no matter how hard we tried. So I have one less bird at the moment! ;)

I've been giving my hubby hints the past couple of months but apparently he hasn't been listening because when my daughter said we should name our next bird Mel he looked at me in shock!! So much for the hints!

Well anyway, I finally confessed to him that I plan on getting one more bird and if he wants I will sign a contract stating I will not own more then 5 birds. I also reassured him I wasn't planning to adopt one right at this moment! ;) Didn't tell him 2017 is the year yet. Ssshhhh!

He just chuckled and said OK. It also appears he may not make me sign that contract! Lol! [emoji12]

So it sounds like the 5th bird is a go. Just hope next year will be doable and the hubby agreeable! ;)

Sorry for the long winded post. I just think many of you can relate to the hubby story! ;)

I definitely don't want another large bird but I want a specie's I really really want so I have picked an Alexandrine!! Of course since I posted under that category you probably guessed that already. Lol! [emoji12]

I'm so excited and will spend lots of time learning all I can about this species! I will post questions in another post but just wanted to share my excitement! Thanks for reading my very long post! :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so excited for you, Blanca...another bird is going to get very lucky next year!
However, I always giggle when I hear "this is my very last bird".
If I had a dollar for every time I have said that, I would be a rich woman.
Or would have used those dollars for another bird.

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I'm so excited for you, Blanca...another bird is going to get very lucky next year!
However, I always giggle when I hear "this is my very last bird".
If I had a dollar for every time I have said that, I would be a rich woman.
Or would have used those dollars for another bird.
Ha Ha! I know famous last words, right? ;) I forgot to mention things could change when the kids move out and go to college! :D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
If there are any Alexandrine owners out there that know of a good breeder for Alex's, please chime in. They seem hard to find! Here is the cage I'm going with!

81zZNQF8ooL._SY679_.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts