My wife wants to go to St. Thomas for and extended

newtobirds

Jun 4, 2011
Can't you find a parrot owner and let them stay with someone? I realize that it is far from ideal, but it's not horrible either if you know that the parrot keeper is talented and compassionate. I am stunned by how well my 3 re-homed birds did. They were comfortable here within hours of arriving.

No bird clubs in the area with a member who might take this on?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Mike, you should talk to my wife and see if she's interested in looking after them for you. If she can get along with them it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Maybe after you get there you can better find a place that allows birds. We could ship them out from Tampa pretty easy, maybe non=stop.It's up to you, just giving you options. Buy me a ticket and i'll carry them on as carry-on. I could kick back in the islands for a few days,LOL.

Last edited:
OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Mike, you should talk to my wife and see if she's interested in looking after them for you. If she can get along with them it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Maybe after you get there you can better find a place that allows birds. We could ship them out from Tampa pretty easy, maybe non=stop.It's up to you, just giving you options. Buy me a ticket and i'll carry them on as carry-on. I could kick back in the islands for a few days,LOL.

Thanks for the offer Richard, but my wife has decided to hold off on going for a while.

Most Reactions