My wolf hound plucked my conure

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I apologise if you feel my op was lacking.. empathy? I am not good with expressing emotions in person or via the written word. I can assure you I was hysterical when I found him. I can see him where ever I am in our commonly used rooms, it was the one time I made the assumption everything was as it normally is that tripped me up. I will definitely be more careful in the future!

I hear you, our Tango went through an almost identical attack and survived! But a second incident, although minor, caused her to go into shock and die! The first attack caught her off guard, I believe she viewed these dogs as companions and fought to live.
The second attack, a year later, was too much! Although no physical damage, Tango could not handle the attack! A nightmare beyond nightmare!
It was years before I could concider a fid again. JoJo was given to me as a surprise, and I went through anxiety attacks that almost dropped me when I first got her! The relationship, trust, expectations of a feathered companion is so so much!

I guess, my point, rant. You dodged a bullet! The second shot is worse!

Last edited:

Most Reactions