Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
We haven't even had Buzz a day yet and he's moving way faster than I can learn to speak parrot. He also regurgitated on my son twice. Here's video of his behavior.
[ame="http://youtu.be/Tmddc10944I"]http://youtu.be/Tmddc10944I[/ame]

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
He's adorable! Poor thing!

He seems very trusting so far and the regurgitation is most likely out of excitement from attention and new surroundings. While you don't want to particularly encourage it, at least to where he's bringing up food all the time, there's nothing wrong with what he's doing, it's a really good sign that he's bonding with you and the family.

Basically, keep doing whatever you're doing because he likes you. You're very lucky!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Buzz is so cute and such a sweetheart! I'd take the regurgitation immediately on arrival in his new home as a very good sign, I think he likes you.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Buzz is so cute and such a sweetheart! I'd take the regurgitation immediately on arrival in his new home as a very good sign, I think he likes you.

I agree. He's calm, and signalling his acceptance of his new situation in life. He's not pushing fingers away, he's regurging for them... it's not at all defensive.

It's also possible he's just trying to make new friends by sharing his food. So it means he's MAKING AN EFFORT to bond with you. THAT IS HUGE!!! The BIRD is taking the initive here... which is pretty exceptional temperment wise...

OP
Taprock

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
I was worried because I had only read about regurgitation with over bonding and I didn't see how that could be possible yet. He has stepped up for all of us, been out exploring on top of his cage, made one flutter to the ground and been a pig with seeds and fruit. He was only eating pellets before. Listening to him go through his sounds and words has been great fun. I feel like he's just another one of the family. My husband and son are constant noisemakers. They are always whistling, tapping or making noise. If Buzz makes a noise they both copy him or respond to whatever he says. I was expecting some difficulties with the transition and I am honestly amazed how adjusted he seems.

Most Reactions