Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What I need to do (ultimate goal here): Get my pics which are on my iPad and in my Photobucket to someone via email.

What I've already done: I grabbed the email link from Photobucket and emailed the pics to her that way BUT, she is saying that because my Photobucket is set to private, she cannot right click and grab them off the email. She thought she had the problem solved by emailing them to herself, but now it looks like it is still preventig her from right clicking to grab the photos. She is trying to make me a slideshow (if we can ever figure this out)!

** I have no pics on my desktop computer. Only my iPad and phone. What if I download them from my iPad to the computer with a USB cable, and email the pics to her that way? I wonder if that would work? I will try it as I wait for answers.

Also, how do I Give her a song? She said it is not allowing her to download the link from YouTube. I have the song on my iPad, but not on the computer.

Any ideas? Thanks for helping this non-computer tech!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I just realized something. I can just email her the photos from my iPad without even using Photobucket right? I'm going to try that.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Now my photo stream is not showing 'all' of my pics. There are different ones on Photobucket that originally came from my iPad, and now they aren't on the iPad. I noticed this... sometimes 'all' your pics are there, or more of them, and sometimes there is a shorter list of thumbnails. WHY?!! She is so nice and wants to make me a slideshow for Twigs, but omg this is ridiculous.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Julie, have you checked your Photobucket settings, you may have it set to private?

All your photos are there but you may need to browse through your albums and turn pages to see them all.

It will probably be a lot easier to transfer your individual photos directly to her email. You can touch the screen in the body of the email, click the arrow at the end of the tool bar then click, insert photo. You can send multiple photos without uploading them.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
I wish I could help but I have no clue. Could you set photo bucket to public just temporarily? Of perhaps give her your log in info. You can always change your password later.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Now, I found a bunch of pics that got onto my desktop computer 'somehow' before, that are NOT on my iPad and phone at all. Strange, because the iPad and phone is HOW I've been taking my pics in the last few years.

Allee, what do you mean by turn 'pages'? I don't see anything like that. I don't want to set my Photobucket to public. The easiest way would be to give her my photobucket password, only I don't even know what that is. I didn't know we had a password for it, as it's obviously something I've never used. UGH so frustrating!

cottontiel

Apr 8, 2016
E-mailing the photos directly from your iPad would be the easiest way. If you need to grab a few photos from Photobucket, open the page so that your photo is in full view. Then press and hold over the photo. A menu should pop up from the bottom allowing you to save the photo to your device. Once saved, you will be able to e-mail them to your friend.

The menu I mentioned should look like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Just tap the photo, but keep your finger pressed onto the screen until this menu appears.
You can save any photos this way from the internet, including Photobucket. I hope you can figure it out, I'd love to see a slideshow of Twigs. :)

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank you!

Cottontiel, I just tried the tapping and holding my finger on the photo (from Photobucket), and nothing happens. I noticed that I can hold my finger on a photo on my iPad camera roll and get an option to "copy". That looks like I can get photos directly onto an email to her.

It's just strange how some of the pics I want to use that are in Photobucket aren't on my iPad for some reason.

cottontiel

Apr 8, 2016
Well if that's not working, I do believe you can create a new album on Photobucket and make it to that only that album is public. That way you don't have to share all of your photos, only the ones you've selected for that album.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What I'm doing is uploading all my pics from iPad to the computer, selecting the one's I want to give her, and emailing them.

Is there a way to get pics that are on Photobucket (that for whatever reason aren't on the iPad or anywhere else) ONTO the iPad? If I can do that, then I could put them onto the desktop as well.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What I said in the last post isn't working :(. Not all of my pics are here on the iPad that show up on Photobucket. Trouble is, she said her program needs at least 30 pics :eek: and I am straining to get that many good ones of Twigs, and then as I say, I'm finding different pics in different locations, and some she can access and some she can't. This is getting too ridiculous.

I can't waste all my time on this frustration - I have important things to take care of but if it isn't too hard I thought it would be nice to do.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I hate to say it but it's going to take some serious sit down time. Another thought though, set up an album on Facebook and upload the photos from each device to that album. I do not use Photobucket because I've had issues with it trying to get it to work for me. When you create the album in FB you can restrict access to specific people. Here's a screenshot.

0273351985e15febe07dd8d59c200546.jpg

As for the song, Apple is proprietary so any song on your IPad or IPhone is pretty locked down, but there may be an app that can conver the song from an MP4 to an MP3 too. I'm sure someone can help with advice for your song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank you :)! After all that, last night I decided to take screenshots with the iPad of the pics I wanted from my photos and Photobucket to email to her. Then... after I wasted too much time doing that and was just about to email them, she emails me and said that somehow she was able to get 14 of the photos to work :rolleyes:. All I can say is I hope she's able to get the rest. I can't spend too much more time on this, but now we have to finish because of all the time already put into it ugh! She ended up buying the song off iTunes since she can't grab it off YouTube.

She claims she needs about 30 pics, but I just don't have that many decent quality ones of him, he was too hard to get pics of. Crossing fingers.

Most Reactions