Neil from Mumbai

Neil

Dec 14, 2009
Hey folks!! this is Neil Mandevia from Mumbai. I am new here so thought of introducing myself. A lawyer by profession and a Discus (fish) breeder for a many number of years. I quit commercially breeding them around 4 years back.

Have some birds too:

1. Cockatiel - 6 years old -
2. Sun Conure - 2.5 years old
3. Congo African Grey - 70 days old (and already stepping up) :D!!

All the three birds are hand fed by me and hand tamed. Just got the Grey when he was about a month old and he has been ruling house since!!

Need to train the Grey Now (BTW his name's Snowy)...Any and all tips welcome. Will post his pics soon!

Attachments

• DSC04424.jpg
    DSC04424.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC04426.jpg
    DSC04426.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 678

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi Neil and welcome to a great forum !!!!
Always great to have new bird lovers aboard.
What a pleasure having birds, hand rearing them etc, you get so much joy.
Watching them growing day to day, their ability and willingness to learn.
Browse thru the threads there are so many tips and info, so much to learn.
I have an AG, Mishka now just over 2 years old. She is my life....
Her talking ability is absolutely fascinating, we counted she now knows over 300 words. We are starting to have conversations now, and she understands what she is saying. She sounds just like me, it's scary LoL.
Neil enjoy the ride, it's a fabulous journey for you.....
Any help needed, please just ask, so many willing members always ready to assist.
Take care
:D

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
US GREY PEOPLE AND OTHERS WELCOME YOU. MISHKA'S MOM IS RIGHT - THEY ARE LITTLE FEATHERED TREASURES. ONE HINT I READ IS TO EXPOSE THEM TO SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY, NO MATTER HOW SMALL. THAT WILL HELP TO KEEP THEM FROM HAVING THE FRIGHTS.

My bird is almost 8 months old now and not talking yet. She learned to whistle first which was my mistake. Any questions or concerns you may have are welcome here in the forum.

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome,

Is there anything in particular you wanted to train him for (to do)? We have a great growing community of grey owners who will be able to give lots of insights.

Most Reactions