Neptune is lost

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Interesting, when zooming on on that, i see something different--less yellow, but still a parrot. Do we have the original for comparison. I still see a bird, but I wanted to compare the two because both are pixelated, but I am not sure if I am looking at the same thing as I was before...

Maybe it's in my head, but the bird looks like a grey blue here...but before it looked yellow...so just confused...

Last edited:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
The bird we were looking for was also a quaker, and he had made it more than a mile away over the course of a day (don’t know the exact distance but it was definitely more than a mile). Bobby’s person didn’t think he really knew how to fly....um, she was very wrong.

If Neptune is hanging out near someone’s house, could a cage with something tasty be put out to see if it will tempt him?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I strongly suspect that is Neptune by description, especially from bird watchers. Hopefully just a matter of time and chance to be in the same area.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I’m out here trying I’m going to show some pics of what I’m up against.......
This is the creek with marsh that is on the backside of all the houses

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I’m out here trying I’m going to show some pics of what I’m up against.......
This is the creek with marsh that is on the backside of all the houses

Does he like the sound of chip bags crinkling?
Looks like a lovely place, but for sure, overwhelming.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Here are some of the woods on the front side facing one way to ends at wild undeveloped area
24609d1593436756-neptune-lost-05185d08-e685-47c1-80bf-545aec28283f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Here is facing the other way also ends in a forest and undeveloped area
24610d1593436978-neptune-lost-b901e52d-fd95-40e8-a9c2-9e024e2e1987.jpg

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
At least there are lots of good hiding places for him to stay safe---not that it makes your life any easier...Has he been coming to the feeder around the same time? I guess if they were calling him and he showed up, I would go to where they were and do the same thing at around the same time.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
No they hadn’t seen him before, across the wooded fence nit to far away they had been riding bikes and calling him, all random times he has been seen at random places but allclustered at this one point and I’m sitting here calling him , please leave allstragies I got to go battery low

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
How can this be! I was in the backyard of the place they thought they saw him. I think he squawked, Penny made the same sound back they did this 4 times I was zeroing in on him! But as I can to the creek a storm from my was barreling in on us, wind lightning lot I wind crashing thunder then rain! I had to leave him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I waited till hit Incase he would come to be! I can’t stand it!!!!! I’m sobbing

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I'm so sorry! Don't give up...can you go back after the storm?

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I will , but he can’t fly wet , I’m worried if he tried he end up in the creek or in trouble?????

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh Laura, I know how awful you must feel that you had to leave, but this is the most encouraging development yet! It's unlikely that he's going to try to venture out in a storm like that, so if you can get back there after it's over, he'll probably still be right there. I'm hoping and praying for you every day that he returns soon! You're doing an amazing job. Stay strong, my friend.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I will , but he can’t fly wet , I’m worried if he tried he end up in the creek or in trouble?????

Lots of birds do fly wet though--- at least robbins and stuff...You sure he can't?

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
After my bird get wet st home if they get spooked they fly a couple feet and end up on the floor...... I’m watching radar d to keep popping up over me, very dark ...... ugh I dint know what to do

Last edited:

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
The good news is that he was there and he answered. He hasn't forgotten. Keep it together he needs you to be calm and enduring. You are doing everything humanly possible - just hang in there a little longer.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
He has been out flying a lot more lately, so I bet he is stronger than he was in terms of flying skills. Didn't it rain the other day too (he made it that time, right)? I would be a nervous wreck too, but this is a positive sign...so just hang in there the best you can--sorry you are going through this!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I’m back he isn’t making a sound but then I look o er my shoulder and see this
24620d1593551242-neptune-lost-ea19ba60-b653-494f-b50b-2cb0ad695fe6.jpg

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I’m back he isn’t making a sound but then I look o er my shoulder and see this

That is terrifying, but if it is any solace, Noodles and I were outside the other day and she started FREAKING out and looking up...I looked up and saw a hawk circling like 100 feet in the air---and she has no experience with them and she doesn't react to other birds that way....so I think they have a strong instinct to avoid them (even as captive parrots)..That may be part of the reason he is not making a sound...The other thing I would say is that he is a parrot, so he IS smarter than half of other birds that hawk could go after...

UGH...what a nightmare! I'm sorry!!!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
He was only 20 feet or less from this hawk makes me sick, am I cursed?!??

Most Reactions

Latest posts