Neptune is lost

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
He was only 20 feet or less from this hawk makes me sick, am I cursed?!??

Stay strong, it is good that you are aware of the dangers and that will help both you and Neptune to be wise. His instincts will be good. Syd always ducks if he is by the window and anything larger than a sparrow flies by. Neptune is lost but not helpless. He has managed to feed himself and he knows you are around. He has had the sense to stay in his home area. Don't go into panic mode. Trust him to make decisions too. It's just a case now of getting it right together. Be careful to keep control of your voice when you call him. He will sense any fear/panic in your voice and it might spook him.

Stay calm, don't even think about curses - they don't exist. You never know, he might be quite enjoying using his wits so you need to be a more enticing option. Keep it light and happy just like you would at home.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Agreed, there is no such thing as a curse! You stay at it, calmly, and Neptune will be united with you.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Well st least today I heard him so that’s huge I know that he is indeed in that neighborhood, that he visits that yard around 2 on so I pray tomorrow is the day I get my baby back

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Well st least today I heard him so that’s huge I know that he is indeed in that neighborhood, that he visits that yard around 2 on so I pray tomorrow is the day I get my baby back

That is SO huge too--I know it has got to be ridiculously miserable and so stressful...like....beyond belief...

but that is VERY good news that you heard him with your own ears!!!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Definitely good news to hear him. Your being strong and persistent will hopefully bring Neptune home.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Neptune's instincts and survival skills are phenomenal. Just make yourself as available as possible. Having heard you may trigger his curiosity.

Continuing to send energy and positive thoughts, Laura!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
WE are out here been here for an hour now m trying! I’m devoted! I’m not giving up! I need Neptune help to tho he has got to make noise and fly to me!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
WE are out here been here for an hour now m trying! I’m devoted! I’m not giving up! I need Neptune help to tho he has got to make noise and fly to me!

Keep calling/talking so he can home into your voice. I am here with fingers crossed!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
You are getting closer and closer! Every day I check this thread expecting to read your post about how you finally got Neptune home safe and sound. Keep up the hope and keep trying! You have gotten closer every day, so it's only logical that you will get to him and you WILL bring him home. :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I’m still out here trying! Staying until rain or night whichever is first

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Stay strong Laura! A universe of energy and positivity is flowing to you and Neptune!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sending more prayers that today is the day that you are reunited with Neptune!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I can’t tell you to let go, because you never know.

But let go.

The bird is there- he's been seen and heard. So....DON'T!

I agree with noodles completely. Many people have gotten their birds after far more time has passed, even with no sightings. Keep doing what you're doing!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just have done everything wrong I opened the door while they were out if their cage, I didn’t realize he was in the tree getting attached by mocking birds, the next night st midnight I git the text from a woman in the neighborhood that posted him in next door saying a guy saw him in a different subdivision ( that all the reports have come from now) and I thought it was a hoax so I didn’t follow up fir a week!

Then he is calling to me and I was confused because these wood pecker are murmuring and it sounded like talking, but I heard hello and I love you, then I go back yesterday and he and Penny are calling to each other and I’m so close just as this huge thunderstorm hits, then maybe I’m keeping him in this area because I keep calling fir him the sbd there is this whole family of hawks ! I can’t stand it I’ve let him down over and over

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I just have done everything wrong I opened the door while they were out if their cage, I didn’t realize he was in the tree getting attached by mocking birds, the next night st midnight I git the text from a woman in the neighborhood that posted him in next door saying a guy saw him in a different subdivision ( that all the reports have come from now) and I thought it was a hoax so I didn’t follow up fir a week!

Then he is calling to me and I was confused because these wood pecker are murmuring and it sounded like talking, but I heard hello and I love you, then I go back yesterday and he and Penny are calling to each other and I’m so close just as this huge thunderstorm hits, then maybe I’m keeping him in this area because I keep calling fir him the sbd there is this whole family of hawks ! I can’t stand it I’ve let him down over and over

You have NOT let him down. Again....you are close....DON'T give up! You will get him home.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Laura, you certainly have NOT let him down. You're continuing to get out there, trying to find him. You haven't given up. I really believe you're close. He's still there. Sending you more prayers every day for his return home. You got this!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts