New adoption

waterflower

Jul 4, 2014
Hi, I am going to be adopting an amazon parrot. I will probably need all the help I can get and this forum looks like the perfect place for me and Jack (parrot) I have no other birds but two dogs, Harley a Shih-Tzu and Cee-Cee a mini doxie, two cats Sassy ( Himilayan) and Aspen (Siamese).

Jack's beak is very overgrown and curling down and his nails also are wrapping around themselves when he is on a perch. We are lucky here to have a avian vet, so guess where the first stop for him is going to be! He has been on a less than healthy diet (cake/ icing),etc. I am so happy they decided to give him to me!
Thank you for letting me absorb all of your experiences and knowledge. Jack deserves so much more than he's had. With your help I hope to have a very healthy and happy friend in him:green:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Welcome! I'm glad you're taking Jack into your home. Be sure to share pics when you can.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum! I'm so glad to hear you are taking over Jack's care. Sounds like he is needing some TLC (and a better diet! My jaw hit the floor when I read he was eating cake and icing:eek:). Glad the AV will be seeing him soon after you bring him home (and should also be able to advise on getting him to eat a healthier diet). Any idea how old he is and what species of amazon? Hope to see you around. Theres a lot of zon owners on here who are happy to help!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome to you and Jack! Sounds like he will finally be getting the kind of love and care he deserves. You'll find tons of information and lots of nice people here. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Jack sounds wonderful, I'm so happy he found you and has a chance to enjoy a healthy, happy future. Please post pics and tell us how his first AV visit goes.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Welcome to the forum and thanks for giving Jack a new home. Tons of info here and ask questions when you have them. Need help posting pictures/vids?

Most Reactions