New bird pet Sun Conure 4 months

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello everyone this is my new pet bird I just got him yesterday, I was going for an Alexandrin but this one was way to cute.
Although he is a sun conure he has greenish like olive color feathers. Way to clingy and wants to bite fingers

Attachments

• IMG_9252.jpeg
    IMG_9252.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9256.jpeg
    IMG_9256.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 38

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Conure can be like that. A lil bite pressure training is needed.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Congrats on your new baby! Conures are known for being very clingy birds - they want to be near and around you. Baby birds are curious and naturally want to explore with their beaks. Bite pressure training is teaching what an acceptable amount of pressure is when they beak you. Anything that is painful you want to discourage.

There are lots of threads here on the forum about bite pressure training:

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Congrats on your new baby! Conures are known for being very clingy birds - they want to be near and around you. Baby birds are curious and naturally want to explore with their beaks. Bite pressure training is teaching what an acceptable amount of pressure is when they beak you. Anything that is painful you want to discourage.

There are lots of threads here on the forum about bite pressure training:

Please can you also inform me what is this squawking sound he makes almost all the time, i uploaded the video on YouTube, so you can see it.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Please can you also inform me what is this squawking sound he makes almost all the time, i uploaded the video on YouTube, so you can see it.
This just seems like friendly talking to me. Based on his body language and vocals here I'd say he is just chatting to you and wants attention.

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
This just seems like friendly talking to me. Based on his body language and vocals here I'd say he is just chatting to you and wants attention.
I hope so because when I put him under my palm and hold him he stops.

Most Reactions