New budgie enclosure started

OP
Minimaker

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Untreated wood smell is au naturel, barely there and not a problem. Yes I guess you could say it's a bit like tardis :) Pieced together but it won't look bad in the end. I'm too picky for that. And my birds are happy and that, to me, is the most important thing and the whole point of it. In time it will look more like a built in with trim. The outside will be painted white with natural milk paint which is safe enough to use in a baby's room. I'll never like the look of the screen part of it, but it is effective at keeping in the mess like no cage ever could. I'd rather have a clean floor so it works for me. The plexiglass is framed in, so it looks like a window basically. The only odd looking part to me is the screen part. The rest looks like a framed in closet with a side window-just with a screen door on it instead of a regular door. When I get it further along I'll post an update and try to get the outside in the photo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts