New cage!!!

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Jewels-peachface lovebird
Ivy- budgie
So being pretty depressed about not getting the Greenwing macaw that was supposed to be mine I decided I needed some retail therapy and bought Jewels a new cage and toys.

Here is a pic
002.jpg
It's a little more narrow than I would like it to be but she looks pretty tiny in it lol

KrazyBirdBoy

Jun 8, 2012
Mississippi
Parrots
Sunshine: Quaker Parrot

Eggie: Red-Sided Ekkie

Kili: Indian Ringneck

Isoke: African Grey Congo

3 GC Conures (Triplets Of Mass Destruction)
I love the cage that is one happy lil lovebird =)

OP
sssaucey

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Ivy- budgie
She is, even though she did not appreciate me taking all of her toys out of the old cage!! She liked them exactly where they were lol, never heard her growl before today

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
That's a great cage , I bet she loves it..... My GCC does not like for me to move her toys either, makes her quite angry :mad:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
What are the dimensions of that cage, it looks too small for any bird. I hate the Hagen models because they are all too small.

OP
sssaucey

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Ivy- budgie
All I remember right now is that it's something like 33-34 inches high, and I don't think it's too small for a love bird. Compared to what larger parrots are kept in she has plenty of space.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I can't really tell by the pic but are the only perches in the cage the plastic ones it came with? I would get rid of all of those plastic ones and get natural wood ones. Plastic perches are not suitable perches for birds.

OP
sssaucey

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Ivy- budgie
She has the plastic perches, and sand perch a foe wood perch and I ordered some natural ones, not to mention the huge toy in the middle that his all wood, which she is small enough to perch on. Plastic perches are fine to use as long as they aren't the only type of perch.

Thanks

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
I don't see anything wrong with that cage. It's a decent size for a lovebird and she has plenty of toys. Looks good to me!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
I guess I just spoil my birds then.

OP
sssaucey

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Ivy- budgie
The cage looks smaller in pictures, but when you see it in person you can tell she has a quite a bit of space

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Look at all those toys!! Looks great!

rishellerose

Jun 10, 2012
Parrots
I dont have one yet but Im trying to learn everything about the GCC before I get one :)
What cage is that? I am looking for cages and I really like this one!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Nice cage ! That is one spoiled baby :). I have the same cage , only a bit smaller for my baby meets. I like the bottom part to keep the seeds in , but im not a fan of the dishes.
Too small for multiple birds , but perfect for one :)
Easy to clean , and the extra wide door is convenient when putting in those big toys :)

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Sssaucey - Cute! I understand the retail therapy thing all too well ;)

Cdog - cages often look smaller in pictures than they actually, often because we take the picture from the front which makes it much more one dimensional. If you look, there is a HUGE toy in the center, probably something large enough for a Grey or a small Too to play with from the looks of it. If that thing fits inside the cage along with all the other stuff, the cage is plenty big for a single bird.

Many would say Loki's cage is to small (and honestly, I agree) but he loves it and refused a larger cage when offered to him. I tried for over a month to get him to like that cage and finally gave up and let him have his old one back. Some birds are happier with spaces we would consider smaller than they should have.

OP
sssaucey

sssaucey

May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Ivy- budgie
She's seems to be enjoying it so thats all that matters to me lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts