New Cage! :)

ProbablyHarrison

Nov 13, 2012
Media
North Atlanta
Parrots
Charlie, the Aruensis Red-Sided Eclectus
I got the cage for my soon-to-be eclectus last weekend and I finally have the chance to show the forum! I'm so glad I made this huge step. It's really happening!! I'll have my baby boy soon! :D

tumblr_mefhpnC75s1qdd8j7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mefhpnC75s1qdd8j7o2_1280.jpg

Please let me know what you think and any suggestions you might have! Thank you! :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
That's awesome! Your eccie will love it!

PS Where did you get the pink/red 3-hole triangle wood toy? It seems like a great way for Oliver to forage some paper and treats. :)

Last edited:

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Awesome cage!! :) How exciting.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Good choice on a nice big cage. I bought 3 cages in my first 12 months because I kept deciding they just weren't large enough. My new motto: "When in doubt, get the bigger cage!!!"

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
What a nice big cage. It'll be a great welcome to new home gift to your birdy.

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Fab cage and lots of toys and perches to entertain him. He will be very happy.

OP
ProbablyHarrison

ProbablyHarrison

Nov 13, 2012
Media
North Atlanta
Parrots
@rio I got this one for $349 at the Atlanta Exotic Bird Fair! It was a really good deal!

@conurecrazy I got that at blue's bird toys: Nuttee

Thanks for all the support everyone! I'm really excited. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Terrific choice! :D Your baby will just LOVE it.

How many more days before he comes home? :D You must be SO very excited!

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Wow nice cage, they have great bargains at that show, I never miss it. Suggestion: move the long perch down to be between the food bowls. Ekkie's love to graze feed all day and my perch runs long ways hooked between the food bowls and it works great. She can run back and forth between pellets on one end and fresh veggie/ fruit on the other end with water by the fresh food bowl.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
thats a nice cage! it looks so much mor open than mine. mine has a lot more toys. guess you just kinda make it how u want it.....

OP
ProbablyHarrison

ProbablyHarrison

Nov 13, 2012
Media
North Atlanta
Parrots
I will be adding many more toys and more perches before my ekkie gets home! I'll be making a few myself and getting more for Christmas. :D

Thank you for the suggestion boysmom, I had planned individual perches next to the bowls but I didn't think about that!

Only a couple of months left before my little guy comes home! I'm beyond excited. :)

Last edited:

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Flora- Panama Amazon
I'm so excited for you ! my Ruby loves toys that include straws and wiffle balls. Just feed two straws at a time through the ball in many different directions, so easy to make yourself.

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Flora- Panama Amazon
Plus a pointer is to hang a shower curtain behind the cage. Ekkies are messy eaters and love to fling food off their beaks. Rubys's Fav's are Mango, cantaloupe, Pomegranite, bananas, sweet potatos, and cooked pumpkin. Basically anything soft and messy.

OP
ProbablyHarrison

ProbablyHarrison

Nov 13, 2012
Media
North Atlanta
Parrots
Oh thank you so much! I meant to ask the breeder when I saw her at the AEBF what fresh foods her birds like the most but I forgot! That's really handy.

Also we're putting up temporary kitchen tile or something on the walls around the cage. My mom has that part covered! Haha. We're gonna get the walls and floor as protected as we can and the rest is going to be up to my cleaning skills. xD

Most Reactions