New fish tank, birdie pets

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I had to take down my 10g so I could move my dresser into my closet, so out comes the 17g with it's stand from the garage. I actually like this tank much more, but I didn't have room for it before.

Although I've had fish since 2nd grade, I now consider them more Rosie and Kenji's pets than my own XD I think they like having them to look at, I always worry about keeping them entertained while I'm not at home.

So here it is :)

right next to Rosie's cage and directly across from Kenji's

9754724561_76f75a6dfd_z.jpg

Three fish live in it, Loki the three spot gourami I've had for four years, Sparkle my four year old nieces goldfish which shouldn't even be in a tropical tank, and a 3" bristlenose pleco who is not yet named.

9754917126_7ffd708149_z.jpg

I tied the Anubias plants to the driftwood, I'm hoping they do well again. I use to have 3 very large anubias. Unfortunately I took them out for like 10 minutes and they dried out. The plants are finally coming back.

9754714972_f201781245_z.jpg

Old set ups

This is what the tank used to look like, about 2ish years ago. I'm hoping to get it really lush again. My favorite was the awesome red tiger lotus

picture.php

When I adopted Kenji I had to sell my 48g aquarium to make room for his cage, here you can see how awesome those Anubias had been.

picture.php

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My birds enjoy looking at the fish tank when I bring them up to it. Willie used to lick the glass. :)

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
When I was a single bird household. Spirit had a tank. It was right next to his cage, he even "helped" to feed. He still asks "Where fish?" from time to time. I had to sell my tank when Danny came and he needed to go to the vets ASAP.

Most Reactions

Latest posts