New Forum Section

Nailztim

Jul 27, 2013
Findlay, Ohio
Parrots
Sun Conure- Jewel
I am new to this forum, but I am not new to forums in general. There is a section that I have seen in a lot of forums that I think would be very popular on this forum. This section will need a lot of work by the moderators, so it will all depend on if you guys would be interested in the extra work. Here is what I was thinking:

I love looking at pictures of all the birds on this forum, but it would be cool if there was a "Bird of the Month" forum section! Each month, the moderators allow 10-15 bird pictures to be entered into the "BOTM" threads. Three weeks into the month, or when 15 pictures have been submitted, a poll is added to the thread and all forum readers get the opportunity to vote on their favorite picture. Voting is open for one week. At the top of the forum, there is usually a sticky thread for each year that has the winners from the year. There never really is a prize for the winners, just the privileged of saying you won BOTM in said month.
To keep the thread from being too long, you limit all post to simply pictures. Once voting is done, then comments can be added to the thread.

What does everyone think? :cool:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I've seen this on other forums. Basically a photo contest with no prize but prestige. LOL! I would be willing to partake!

OP
Nailztim

Nailztim

Jul 27, 2013
Findlay, Ohio
Parrots
Sun Conure- Jewel
:D
You guys are great!!!! Fastest working forum I have been on in years! Can't wait to spend lots of time on here! (probably more then my wife would like me too!! ;)) Thanks!

Most Reactions