New her from Montana

LTD

Jan 11, 2012
Billings, MT
New here from Montana

Hello all.

My wife and I are adopting a 9 year old blue fronted amazon on Friday. It's more like we are rescuing him he is 9 and has never been given a name he currently is living in a cockatiel cage. We are very excited to make him apart of our family, and give him the pampered life he deserves. I have been reading a lot of your forum posts and it seems that you have an amazing community here and I am glad to have found it and be a ongoing part of your family. Thank you for having us. I will post some pics in the appropriate section when we get him home and give him a name.:green:

Last edited:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello and welcome to the forum :D Thats brilliant that your rescuing an Amazon. Given time , patience and alot of love I am sure she will come to love and trust you:) You have come to the right place for lots of great advice. Look forward to seeing pics.

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
Welcome to our forum!
So happy to hear you'll be giving the bird a new home! It's unreal that people can be so clueless about the cages they put their birds in.
Can't wait to see pics & hear about the arrival.

OP
L

LTD

Jan 11, 2012
Billings, MT
Here are a few pictures tha we had emailed to us. Once he get him home and in a bigger cage we will take some of our own. And of course name him, I'm leaning towards Benjamin, Benny for short but the wife will have the final say if I know what's best for me. Lol..
fdf25410.jpg
f4fa4246.jpg
70693225.jpg
5d0b88b4.jpg

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I would say he is a Yellow Crowned Amazon. If you look on my images you will see my YC Amazon :D

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
he is gorgeous and seems to be pretty sweet from the pictures especially considering that sad cage. Look forward to more pics :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
No, I think it probably is a BF. Notice the bit of blue over the cere and a bit on the sides of his face. Also, it looks like his beak is all dark, and my YC has some bone colored areas as well on his beak.

Thank you for taking him and offering a better life!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey LTD, Welcome to the forum.Hope to see you and your new Amazon around the forum.

Most Reactions