New Member from CO

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Whoops! Thanks Deanna!

Key to the fold - the human must have a sense of humor...and realize that the days of having a clean carpet/floor are over. To the feathered ones, a floor is not perfect without a shell...

LOL!!

LMAO ... my days of clean floors are so long ago, I barely remember them ... no wait, I think I remember, no wait that was just an apparition!

I have a little helper though ... my fids spill pellets, nuts and seed and along comes my Hoover (Fly, the ornery Border Collie) to slurp it all up; nary a trace to be found! (My beloved husband gets the job of cleaning up after Fly!! :D ).

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
To the feathered ones, a floor is not perfect without a shell... LOL!!

We have a saying here in New England, and I think Deanna will also agree with me on this one, it says, "Cleaning house while the children are still growing is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing."

I think the same could be said about trying to clean while the fids are still growing ... :D

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
We have a saying here in New England, and I think Deanna will also agree with me on this one, it says, "Cleaning house while the children are still growing is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing."

I think the same could be said about trying to clean while the fids are still growing ... :D

Very true - and as a 'transplanted' New Englander myself (Connecticut), I would agree.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Most definitely agreed upon by a native Coloradoan! LOL

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Oh yeah, those days are quite a memory for my room as well!I clean my birds' mess and imagine that my mother used to be quite hysteric about keeping the house clean (she does all the cleaning)...I think she is getting over this little by little every day (until she throws me and my cages out one day :D), or until she sees Sissy (the rosella) spitting on the walls.... :D :18::18:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006

It doesn't get much better once they are grown, children or fids. :D I see my carpet for about 5 mins each day and thats first thing in the morning when I vacuum, after that its just a distant memory. :D

Most Reactions