J

jasper19

Supporting Member
Aug 13, 2014
North Dakota, USA
Parrots
Congo African Grey "Angel"

Muloccan Cockatoo "Bahama"
Just thought i would give a little update. She is doing great, i can see her trust building each day.

Believe it or not, today she let me hold her on her back in the palm of my hand...first i went up to her and she let me open one of her wings...then i had her step up and lay back and she let go with her feet and was just laying there it was so cute! I am pretty happy as i know that means she has some serious trust. I would have liked a picture of it, but didnt plan to try and have her do that before hand. she seemed really laid back at the moment and i just thought to try it.

Also, i had a question about posting updates on birds. Is it 'ok' by forum rules if i just made a "angel" thread per say?...for updates...pictures...and whatever else i want to post about her? That way i can post all the pictures i want of her in a single place? If that is not ok to do that is ok, i was just trying to think of an easy way to post updates and info/pics without making a bunch of different threads. Just to have one thread dedicated to that purpose.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Wow! On her back in your hand!! You scored with a bird who is so over the top trusting and well adjusted, especially for being so new. As you know many Greys (or any species) will hesitate to do that even after years.

Yes!! It's a great idea to start one thread where you can update progress, pics, etc. Many people do that, and it's actually the preferred way... :)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I started a thread called "milestones" which I put up to post stuff about my birds without spamming the forum, and suggested anybody else could put up any little "milestones" of theirs as well. When you've got a star like "Angel", you'd obviously need a dedicated thread for her. :D She's going on my list of favourites...... I love hearing about what's been happening with all the birds on the forum.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Angel is beautiful!! Congrats!! Cag's are soooo much fun. She looks like she is really adjusting fast!

Most Reactions

Latest posts