BoxerDad

Aug 27, 2017
Parrots
Severe Macaw
Hey Everyone......My name is Bob. I'm new to this forum.

Little bit about me......I was raised on a farm and grew up around animals. I'm a huge dog lover and share my home with 2 Boxers.....therefore my username. When I lived in Florida I was involved in rescuing Greyhounds. About 25 years ago I had the amazing experience of weaning a Green-Winged Macaw for a friend.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums Bob, thanks for joining!

Boxers are wonderful dogs, but your rescue of greyhounds is amazing. They are so graceful yet too many are abused by racing. I assume there are many cast-off dogs for that reason in Florida?

Green Wings are my favorite macaw species. Relatively gentle giants, big personalities!

My mom once had a severe macaw, have long have you had yours?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
I am so glad you found us.
Rescue work must be so rewarding, AND sometimes heart-breaking and frustrating. Thank you for doing it.

OP
B

BoxerDad

Aug 27, 2017
Parrots
Severe Macaw
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

There are still operating dog tracks in Florida......so yes Greyhounds are abundant. I'm still in the process of getting my Severe. Should be a couple weeks yet. The store is close to the office so I visit her every day.

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
Welcome to the flock, David! I love boxers. We lost the "dog of a lifetime, a boxer, of course when she was slightly over 15. That was 10 years ago, and I still shed tears regularly for our precious Boo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts