New to the Forum

Dragonwyke

Aug 12, 2011
Oneco, Florida
Parrots
Bugg - 8yr old female Senegal
Sylvio - 10yr old male U2
Lolita - 15yr old female Alex
hi all, new here from sunny, or is rainy, Florida. :grey: either way, we're in florida, and lovin' it as always. i've lived here the last 22yrs, tho i was born here i did leave for awhile to new york and other places of the northern variety but came back when my kids were being born. now they're all grown and my other kids of the furred, feathered and scaled kind are with me here.

i have 2 parrots at the moment; Bugg who is a little senegal female came to me about 5yrs ago as a 3yr old cage bound, neglected grey fuzz ball w/only feathers on her head. today she is fully feathered, much loved member of our family. and just yesterday someone gave me a feather picked eclectus named RB (red bird - real original) that i rename Arlene. she is 17yrs old her back and belly are completely featherless. apparently she is an ex-breeder whose partner died and can't find another compatible mate. they've given up trying to tame or partner her and she was just sitting in her cage, alone, picking. so now she's here.

i took one look at Arlene, and just like w/Bugg, i fell totally in love w/her and just saw how adorable she was, and i couldn't just leave her there. i'm very excited to see if i can work w/this little girl and get her to come 'round. i don't care if she never gets her feathers back, other than that just means she feels better. her pretty looks don't matter to me. she makes me want to make her happy again.

i have worked, over the last 20yrs, w/many psychotic and phobic parrots in a rehab capacity. greys, 'toos, conures of all kinds, large and small, so i have a pretty good base to work from. i don't do it for other people anymore, because most owner just don't WANT to be taught. it was just too heart breaking to keep sending birds back to what i knew would be the same old thing for them. so i just take what comes to me and i make them all better and keep them for mine. :blue2: it doesn't matter the condition or the species to me. i like them all.

anyway, that's us. glad to find a place w/so many that are so in love w/parrots and w/SO MUCH information.

Dragonwyke

Netty

Jul 30, 2011
GTA ontario
Parrots
none yet. have owned avians in the past
Welcome :) it's good to hear about all the good things you have done for the birds that have come your way :)

OP
Dragonwyke

Dragonwyke

Aug 12, 2011
Oneco, Florida
Parrots
Bugg - 8yr old female Senegal
Sylvio - 10yr old male U2
Lolita - 15yr old female Alex
it's really not that much considering how many out there really need help. but it does work well if you're just working to fix up one little corner of the world. 'course i think that's all any one person can do, their own little corner and hope somehow all the little corners meet up some day.

:grey:DW

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
hi an welcome pics please :) and i bet you have some tales to tell :) so feel free to tell us :)

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Welcome to the forum. We love stories w/a happy ending. Sometimes all we hear about are the bad things. & Pics of your birdies.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Thankyou for helping out so much with all other fids around. Good luck with your little electus and sennie :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts