New to the forum

artis_militaris

Jan 12, 2013
Rowlett Texas
Parrots
Military Macaw (Rosie) a rescue
Crimson Bellied Conure (Bonnie)
Cockatiel (Chirps)
Hello my name is Frank and I currently live in Rowlett TX. I am the proud papa of three wonderful birds. my most recent is a Military Macaw rescue. My wife works at a bird Avairy and I volunteer to work with the rescues that come in to get them ready for new homes. Although I find it very rewarding I miss each and every bird that finds a new home. I stumbled on this website by accident looking at the diffrence in Military and Buffon Macaws. :green2:

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
welcome to the forum! its a great site and im sure you will find your answer here too! thats really cool you work with birds in a rescue!

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
heya, welcome to the forums.

a buffon's macaw is basically a very large macaw that looks like a military macaw. another name for it is great military macaw. and a fun fact: crossing it with a hyacinth macaw produces an emerald macaw; one of the most beautiful hybrids there are.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I live in Texas also, about 60 miles north of Abilene.

I also am owned by macaws,:red1: tho' not a Military. Glad you decided to join up, it is a great place to hang out & lots of good info to be found.;)

Bee sure & post some pics of your new friend!:D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts