Newbie conure owner and very proud...

kleslie5601

Nov 27, 2013
st louis mo
Parrots
green cheek conure
I have always admired parrots and as of 2 days ago I am now the proud parent of a green cheek conure, not real sure of this bird have been reading up on them, He is 3 1/2 years old my sister did not have enough time to give to him so she asked if i wanted him of course i said yes, i always wanted a parrot. i asked if he was noisy of course i did not realize the extent of how loud their screetches are. he does not do it constantly just on occasion, still reading on this subject, my sis says he talks i have yet to hear anything from him. i am so excited about having him and getting to know him better, i think he has already taken a liking to me, today he flew through the house to find me and that certainly made my day, need to stop the loud noises and the biting that hurts not to mention that you are not suppose to flinch or say ouch. He is so very cool and i sure could use some advise and training tips if anyone has any for me. thank you , This is also my first time joining a site like this, it is all new to me and I have to admit that I am a little bit lost. thanks for all your help.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Welcome to the forum kleslie :) - and congrats on your new baby. You have only had it for 2 days, and that's no time at all, they can take some months to get used to new surroundings and people, so just be patient. I think the single most important thing is his diet - and you will find a lot of info on that here, and on behaviors. Conures are very popular. What does he eat now? We sure woudn't say 'no' to seeing a picture of him also lol. So be patient with him, and be patient with yourself. How exciting that he went looking for you :)

legal_eagle

Banned
Banned
Feb 28, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure Pee-Wee
Closely observe his behavior and you'll begin to see when he's agitated, upset, content, etc., which can help avoid screeching and biting.

Chelle

Aug 5, 2013
Parrots
CHEESECAKE (Pineapple~GCC) 2/4/14
Congrats on your new baby! Pic's Please :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts