Newbie Here! Meet Morgan!

LoriB

Dec 31, 2012
I'm so excited! I got Morgan on Monday. He is my first bird and I was helping out a friend who had him. He was in a too small cage, had not been out of it or handled in 2 years! I thought we were in for a long, hard road. I've worked non-stop on this bird since Monday.

Yesterday, I was excited when he would bow his head down to me to scritch!

Today we got him a new HUGE cage! Even an African would be hard pressed to figure out what to do with all of this space! He has new toys, new perches, a playground on top and he loves it!

During the transition of moving him to his new cage, I left him out of the cage for several hours. When it was time to put him back in it, I put my finger out and asked him to step up, knowing full well it was NOT going to happen. Guess what? It DID happen! He ran right up my arm and sat on my shoulder like we've been doing this for years! I'M SO EXCITED!!

I've spent hours and hours on this forum for the last two weeks, lurking and reading. Thank you all so much for the wonderful advise that you have contributed! Just reading, without having to ask any questions I felt confident enough to take on this tough guy and I'm so happy that I did!

I'll be shocked if I get the same response tomorrow. I'm just so happy that I got it today, so soon!

XOXO
Lori

Attachments

• Morgan3.jpg
    Morgan3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 97

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
thats so great im so happy for you two hes a cutie! I rescued my agressive and scared Blue Crown and was so happy that after 2 weeks he was my best buddy!

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Senegal? I literally just bought that same toy last thursday. Have fun gaining the trust of your new companion!

Last edited:
OP
L

LoriB

Dec 31, 2012
Yep! Morgan is a Senegal. We are having so much fun!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome and congrats with you bird
You are doing a great job, taking it one day at a time
PS..... we would love to see pics of your bird, including the beautiful cage you purchased.
Enjoy the forum

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcom to the Forum, Lori, and many CONGRATS on your pretty Morgan. :D You are making GREAT progress with him, which is awesome!! Sounds like you will be best buds in no time at all.

Yes, pictures...please...pretty please...we all love them. :)

Most Reactions