Nightmare story baby CAG really sick

OP
M

marcomm

Jul 18, 2016
Scott he make a nasal swab. I was talking to the vet and she told me to lower the dose lets see if this makes his appetite better.

Blancaej he is amazing I love him. He is so cheerful and cute. Today he just lay in my chest and cuddle.

Really nice pics! African Greys are not the most cuddly of parrots!!

Hopefully the nasal swab was enough for the vet to make a good diagnosis. I noticed Armando has a band around his right foot. Very common, but some folks have them removed so it does not accidentally get caught on a toy or part of the cage. Please check to make sure it is loose enough so that it won't be too tight as he ages. I realize you may need a band in Mexico to prove his breeding.

Glad he is doing better!

He is not really cuddly but yesterday he felt like he needed I guess. I planned to get the band removed after he feels better and have him implanted a microchip instead, which I find more reliable and safer (They need to have some sort of ID).

He still is under the same weight 390 grams.

Blancaej I know, nice little guy.

GaleriaGila thanks for your good vibes. :)

KevH

Aug 31, 2013
ENGLAND
Parrots
5 year old CAG GIZMO
4 year old DYHA RIO
2 year old YELLOW NAPE RUBY
4 month old greenwing macaw Myha
2 year old CAG ROXY
12 year old rescue CAG MARLEY
15 year old rescue CAG SMOKEY
Try crushing his pellets and mixing with a bit of water and feed it him

OP
M

marcomm

Jul 18, 2016
Try crushing his pellets and mixing with a bit of water and feed it him

Kev He usually is putting his pellets in the water, he loves it. :D :D

He is doing great and finally eating as usual I´m really happy. Just a few more days with antibiotic and I think we will be over this. :) Armando is such a nice little guy I will post some more photos ASAP.

On the other hand I was thinking after getting over this to start a aviary for him to fly on the backyard. Any suggestions? I don't know what to get instead of galvanized wire...

Most Reactions