No noise

Apollo4

Sep 12, 2020
Gulf coast texas
Parrots
Apollo green cheek conure
So I just got a green cheek. I have never had one before so I'm doing a lot of research into all his behaviors. But one thing that seem out of the ordinary was mine makes no noise. It's about 6mnths old we have had it a month. It eats great, poops normal jumps and climbs everywhere, plays with us constantly. But no noise. The only thing it does is squawkes a couple times when put to bed. Is this normal?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Yep. Every bird is an individual. Some may be more vocal than others.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hello! Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us, and I hooe you bec an active member, share yiur live if osrrots with us.
Green cheek Conure can be a fairly quiet species, and that can be something to be happy about!!@
Also tge first month, really still settling in :)

Some can learn a few words but often their voices aren't tgst clear. My green cheek Tadah is almost 8 years old, in the past 2 years she decided to start talking , in the last few months she has become a motor mouth! So tgey are unique and you never know when they will surprise you!
I just posted thisink for a different thread but I think you would enjoy it as well . I usually add that it covers clicker training which I'm not a fan of, I do shape behavior but I say good burd I stead if clicking that annoy clicker lol
If you haven't discovered yet safflower seeds are the number one bribe for GCC like magic!
https://lafeber.com/pet-birds/stress-reduction-for-parrot-companions/

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I high recommend posting on the new member forums, so ever will know you are new abd stop by to say hi!
I like to encourage new members to read and participate in the active topics. You never know what you will learn, and we are all usually very supportive of each other abd share a huge love of all things parrot
And we love pics
Every month there us a photo of the month contest and its just fun to post and see pics of peopkes babies

OP
Apollo4

Apollo4

Sep 12, 2020
Gulf coast texas
Parrots
Apollo green cheek conure
Thanks for the feed back and welcomes. I've learned a lot from this site even before I signed up because asides from a cockatiel when I was younger I never owned a bird. So all of his behaviors were freaking me out. Hahaha. I guess I can relax and thank my lucky stars that he doesn't scream all the time. I did think it would take longer for him to warm up to us we got lucky he is a pretty fearless bird. I say he I have no idea what it is. The only thing he seems to be scared of is our kids.

Most Reactions