No Perjo naps in a long time?

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Perjo is 23 mos and I have not noticed her taking a nap in a long time, months probably. Not sure if this means anything or not, but I do know she would take a nap during the day while I was home with her rather often if not consistently. She's closing in on full maturity IIRC and has more energy (judging by how vocal she is) so maybe it's just her natural progression. I know she could easily be taking naps when I'm not home but she was never ever shy about taking them right in front of me in the past.

Anyone else ever notice changes in their CAGs napping?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am not aware of any medical issues that would cause a Parrot not to nap! The behavioral issues would be connected to some type of fear or like concern that requires her to be watchful at all times! Take a long look at anything along that line of thinking! If it has been going-on for this long, she would be past a point where she is now passing-out from a lack of sleep and/or biting your fingers-off.

Parrots nap based on habit, need or both. It is likely that your Parrot is getting all the sleep it needs at night and when you are not at home. It is just as possible that you are reacting and your Parrot being tied to you emotionally, is keeping an eye of you as you keep an eye on her.

Back-off a bit in the Parrot watching and see if there is any change!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
When I am at home I rarely see her taking a nap. That's despite staying up late. Covering her does not get her to nap.
When I am working my wife tells me Bella will take naps.

texsize

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
When I work from home Enzo will sit on my monitor when she isnt doing her own thing. Sometimes she naps, sometimes she doesnt so as already said, i would not worry.

Most Reactions