November POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Phenomenal entries thus far! We've seen pacifier-wielding ekkies, leg-kissed greys, disciplinarian-lovies, smooth-talking Quakers, shouting/sleeping yet ever-entertaining Rickeybirds, majestically-winged 'tiels, and heartfelt love letters to a beautiful flock of six!

Loving it! Keep those entries coming, folks!

Here's a Just For Fun Entry! I'm thankful that Jolly has been a little less exuberantly... jolly about trying to get his swerve on with me! Thanks for remembering the Bro Code, you silly bird!
p5Crt3z.jpg

(Pardon the puffy eyes. Haven't had much by way of sleep, lately. Lol!)

Bah, never mind sleep... so overrated! :D Your character and enthusiasm beam right through the monitor!!

srdalyssa

Oct 8, 2017
Denver, CO
Parrots
Kobe the Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure
I should preface this by saying that I spent upwards of a year tirelessly researching ALL birds and parrots, spending countless hours watching Youtube videos about training, bird behavior, and care, reading everything I could get my hands on, and driving my boyfriend out of his mind by only talking about birds for months on end.

That being said, I am just so GRATEFUL for this boy and how he has filled the little bird-shaped hole in my heart that was there for so many years. I'm thankful for all the joy he brings me, and I'm thankful that he has shown my boyfriend just why I was so OBSESSED with the idea of bringing a bird into our home all this time. I wanted to ensure that I was ready to adopt this baby because he deserves the best forever home I can possibly create!

I'm also thankful for you all and all the amazing things I learned while reading these forums! THANK YOU! :rainbow1:
ZAnXYxU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I should preface this by saying that I spent upwards of a year tirelessly researching ALL birds and parrots, spending countless hours watching Youtube videos about training, bird behavior, and care, reading everything I could get my hands on, and driving my boyfriend out of his mind by only talking about birds for months on end.

That being said, I am just so GRATEFUL for this boy and how he has filled the little bird-shaped hole in my heart that was there for so many years. I'm thankful for all the joy he brings me, and I'm thankful that he has shown my boyfriend just why I was so OBSESSED with the idea of bringing a bird into our home all this time. I wanted to ensure that I was ready to adopt this baby because he deserves the best forever home I can possibly create!

I'm also thankful for you all and all the amazing things I learned while reading these forums! THANK YOU! :rainbow1:

ZAnXYxU.jpg

Look at that adorable face!! Now that is one happy baby:)
I am also so grateful for the forum and everyone in it, great addition:)

Last edited:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
He's even prettier than the salad!

Back at ya, syrdalyssa...

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
I can't see the photo :(
I'm grateful right now as all my birds surround me, Ducky on my knee, Kermit on my chest, and Bluebell on my foot!
I'm so thankful for my birds :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is Salty and I, and I am so thankful that he is in our lives. FOr my wife Geri, he is the child she was never able to have, and for me, well he is my companion from the
moment I get home and hear his "Hi Daddy" to the second when I put him to bed, with many a kiss on the top of his head.

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture18168t-al-salty.jpg

http://www.parrotforums.com/members/wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture18168t-al-salty.jpg

I love this photo of you two, and love hearing about Salty...the love you three share is inspiring.

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
I have Bipolar Disorder and Panic Disorder, and I am thankful every day for my lovely birds who have been there for me in my darkest hours. Just a few days ago, I had a severe panic attack, and Pearl flew to my shoulder and pushed her head against my face, softly grooming me as I calmed down. I immediately started to feel better.

It is moments like these that make me so thankful that I chose to bring these birdies into my life. Pictured here are Opal (Left) and Pearl (Right). I cherish them every day for bringing me out of the darkness and inspiring such joy in my heart.

displayimage.php

:blue2::whiteblue:

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I am thankful to Ollie for being my best friend and loving me unconditionally. There is rarely a love like this in a lifetime. He never bites me and always trusts me, never gets mad at me if I file his nails even though he hates it. I love you Ollie and thank you for being there for me!

PS. I have no idea how to post a pic that isn't a thumbnail so I am sorry about that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170805_002644_238 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170805_002644_238 (1).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11,175
Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
PS. I have no idea how to post a pic that isn't a thumbnail so I am sorry about that.

Just upload the pic to an image hosting site such as Imgur, copy the BB code specially set for Forums/Message Boards, and paste it into your post. And for pics anywhere else, just copy the address in the window, click on the Insert Image icon in the reply toolbar (it's the one that looks like a pic of mountains closer to the right side), and paste it into the field. Let me know if you have further questions.

I love the pic, btw!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I have Bipolar Disorder and Panic Disorder, and I am thankful every day for my lovely birds who have been there for me in my darkest hours. Just a few days ago, I had a severe panic attack, and Pearl flew to my shoulder and pushed her head against my face, softly grooming me as I calmed down. I immediately started to feel better.

It is moments like these that make me so thankful that I chose to bring these birdies into my life. Pictured here are Opal (Left) and Pearl (Right). I cherish them every day for bringing me out of the darkness and inspiring such joy in my heart.

displayimage.php

What a beautiful testimonial! Companion animals have such underrated capacity to enrich our lives.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Such sweet entries! I love this month's contest!

***In the spirit of the contest's theme, a photo of my little guys having fun together on their favorite play top. Harmony.***

Harry, for reasons of her own often chooses to spend her time out stalking, ahem, I mean bonding with me. She uses her own play top as a flight deck to stage her fly bys and ambushes.

Piper & Twinkle, most of the time they come out with the others for playtime but occasionally they choose to stay inside.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Best month's photos yet. OF COURSE I SAY THAT EVERY MONTH! And it's true, backwards, forwards...
I scroll up and down and just GRIN at all the love!

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
I am so thankful for my birds, but here is an introduction and a post of thanks:

Flower is my third and final bird. She was adopted a mere week after Loki. This is her first introduction because the family was going through a tough time, and I wanted to respect that.

So on that note, I am thankful for Flower's previous family..
-Thankful they sought out a home through the forums, rather than craigslist or through friends.
-Thankful they took the time to meet with me for hours while we learned about each other.
-Thankful that they truly wanted was best for Flower, surrounding thousands of dollars worth of supplies without asking for a dime.
-Thankful for the time and effort they put into working with Flower.
-Thankful that they are coming to peace of mind with updates of her new, great home.

I am also thankful for Flower...
-Thankful that she seems to be adjusting well.
-Thankful that thus far, she has been gentle with her feathers, since she has some plucking in her history.
-Thankful that she (and the other birds) give me something to look forward to each and every day. There are stresses that come with bird ownership. The beauty of those stresses is that they take me away from the larger stresses of the rest of the world.

She always says "Look at Flower!!"

258mclk.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

displayimage.php

Opal and Pearl are beautiful, and what a wonderful testament to how our birds can understand what we need, and be there to provide it. Thank you for sharing.

I am thankful to Ollie for being my best friend and loving me unconditionally. There is rarely a love like this in a lifetime. He never bites me and always trusts me, never gets mad at me if I file his nails even though he hates it. I love you Ollie and thank you for being there for me!

Ollie is a real beauty! What a wonderful relationship you two have!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Such sweet entries! I love this month's contest!

***In the spirit of the contest's theme, a photo of my little guys having fun together on their favorite play top. Harmony.***

Harry, for reasons of her own often chooses to spend her time out stalking, ahem, I mean bonding with me. She uses her own play top as a flight deck to stage her fly bys and ambushes.

Piper & Twinkle, most of the time they come out with the others for playtime but occasionally they choose to stay inside.

Allee, I so love seeing your beautiful flock! Sending big scritches to my nieces and nephews:)

I am so thankful for my birds, but here is an introduction and a post of thanks:

Flower is my third and final bird. She was adopted a mere week after Loki. This is her first introduction because the family was going through a tough time, and I wanted to respect that.

So on that note, I am thankful for Flower's previous family..
-Thankful they sought out a home through the forums, rather than craigslist or through friends.
-Thankful they took the time to meet with me for hours while we learned about each other.
-Thankful that they truly wanted was best for Flower, surrounding thousands of dollars worth of supplies without asking for a dime.
-Thankful for the time and effort they put into working with Flower.
-Thankful that they are coming to peace of mind with updates of her new, great home.

I am also thankful for Flower...
-Thankful that she seems to be adjusting well.
-Thankful that thus far, she has been gentle with her feathers, since she has some plucking in her history.
-Thankful that she (and the other birds) give me something to look forward to each and every day. There are stresses that come with bird ownership. The beauty of those stresses is that they take me away from the larger stresses of the rest of the world.

She always says "Look at Flower!!"

258mclk.jpg

Don, I so love this post, and am thrilled that Flower is a part of your family.
I'm so glad that her wonderful former parronts can watch her thrive here.

cde1027

Nov 14, 2017
Elk Grove Village, IL
Parrots
Keo the Parrotlet
Kobe the Alexandrine
Hi All! This is my first time posting!

I am thankful for Keo making even the most mundane tasks a little less lame and a whole lot more AMUSING! Who knew office work could be so much fun!

cde1027-albums-keo-picture18892-2bcf5f96-7e13-4ec3-af04-67c7b70bf377.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hi All! This is my first time posting!

I am thankful for Keo making even the most mundane tasks a little less lame and a whole lot more AMUSING! Who knew office work could be so much fun!

cde1027-albums-keo-picture18892-2bcf5f96-7e13-4ec3-af04-67c7b70bf377.jpeg

Keo is absolutely adorable!!! That expression is priceless:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts