November POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Yoda, thank you for making life more fun...
... thank you for being as happy to see me when I get home as I am to see you
... thank you for making me laugh
... thank you for keeping my neck warm
... thank you for teaching me to do everything one-handed
... thank you for making every day brighter
... thank you for all the love and joy you have brought to this home!

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture18897-yoda-hanging-around.jpg

My husband suggested I add 'Thanks for not pooping on the desk' and 'Thanks for teaching me the Ways of the Force' but I decided to go with my sappy ideas instead! :D

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yoda, thank you for making life more fun...
... thank you for being as happy to see me when I get home as I am to see you
... thank you for making me laugh
... thank you for keeping my neck warm
... thank you for teaching me to do everything one-handed
... thank you for making every day brighter
... thank you for all the love and joy you have brought to this home!

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture18897-yoda-hanging-around.jpg

My husband suggested I add 'Thanks for not pooping on the desk' and 'Thanks for teaching me the Ways of the Force' but I decided to go with my sappy ideas instead! :D

What a fantastic picture! I love your whole list:)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
This is Salty and I, and I am so thankful that he is in our lives. FOr my wife Geri, he is the child she was never able to have, and for me, well he is my companion from the
moment I get home and hear his "Hi Daddy" to the second when I put him to bed, with many a kiss on the top of his head.
http://www.parrotforums.com/members/wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture18846-2017-11-08-20-55-37.[/quote]

This picture is perfect. Salty just gazes adoringly at you and it melts my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble gives me so much to be thankful for. The amazing feeling when she shows she trusts me by preening and sleeping on my hand or by sticking her tiny head under my thumb for skritches; the laughter she inspires by her silliness and her cheekiness; the calming sound of her beak grinding when she is falling asleep; the empty spot she filled in my house and in my heart. She is such a little gift to me and I am so very lucky to have her.

1e80b40b8d0d288078b8a3b850bacd41.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Bumble gives me so much to be thankful for. The amazing feeling when she shows she trusts me by preening and sleeping on my hand or by sticking her tiny head under my thumb for skritches; the laughter she inspires by her silliness and her cheekiness; the calming sound of her beak grinding when she is falling asleep; the empty spot she filled in my house and in my heart. She is such a little gift to me and I am so very lucky to have her.

I so love Bumble! She is absolutely precious:)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots

I so love Bumble! She is absolutely precious:)

Oh thanks! I agree! Except sometimes when she reminds me that parrotlets can be nippy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji170][emoji170]

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Haha! Love that, Don!

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
This one goes out to sissy...my shadow.my comedian.my snuggle bug.i am thankful for the times you rub your cheek against mine and say i love you. You make me smile every single day. Im thankful for the times you share your meal with me and try to feed me beak to mouth.im thankful that you let me put your harness on and show you off. Im thankful we both sing to the same song and we dont judge each other. This weekend was really rough for me and im thankful sissy was by myside..grooming me and making me laugh

Attachments

• 20150816_134937.jpg
    20150816_134937.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 121
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This one goes out to sissy...my shadow.my comedian.my snuggle bug.i am thankful for the times you rub your cheek against mine and say i love you. You make me smile every single day. Im thankful for the times you share your meal with me and try to feed me beak to mouth.im thankful that you let me put your harness on and show you off. Im thankful we both sing to the same song and we dont judge each other. This weekend was really rough for me and im thankful sissy was by myside..grooming me and making me laugh

What a beautiful picture of Sissy. I'm so glad she was there for you this weekend.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Still time to get your entries in! The contest will close in the morning:)

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
carl_power-albums-xander-quaker-parrot-picture18953-20171129-093159.jpg

Im thankful for my little boy Xander and although training doesnt always go easy and things seem hard sometimes he always jumps on my shoulder every day and cuddles up to my cheek, gives me kisses and constantly suprises me and makes me laugh.

Really lucky and honoured to have this wonderful little guy in my life.

He knows i love him and i know he loves me and thats something to be thankful for.

I thank you all too for all the help and advice being a first time Parrot owner. Its not so scary knowing theres such amazing people here always willing to help someone out.

Thankyou x :green2:

P.S Im not thankful he is way more handsome than me lol ������

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots

Im thankful for my little boy Xander and although training doesnt always go easy and things seem hard sometimes he always jumps on my shoulder every day and cuddles up to my cheek, gives me kisses and constantly suprises me and makes me laugh.

He knows i love him and i know he loves me and thats something to be thankful for.

I thank you all too for all the help and advice being a first time Parrot owner. Its not so scary knowing theres such amazing people here always willing to help someone out.

Oh my gosh the way he looks at you! ❤️

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

This is one of the sweetest pictures ever! Xander's love for you is so obvious by the look he's giving you:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions