Now it's Oliver..

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
...that's sick. He was laying around and just not himself, lost some weight so I took him in. He had a bit of a fever but she checked him and said his bladder was pretty empty so he probably didn't have blockage or infection there. They drew some blood and that came back fine so she's not real sure. She said possibly pancreatitus but not sure if that was ruled out with the bloodwork or not. She gave him an antibiotic and something to bring his fever down. I called back with an update on Friday..he's acting a bit more like himself and he's still a little skinny. He eats his wet food in the morning just fine but not sure if he's out eating the dry. He gobbles up treats. He's my very special guy and can't be real sick, he just can't be. :(

So that's $600 nearly in the last three weeks or so for the cats, my bankroll is dry and still no luck with a job. Isn't life grand.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Vet care is so necessary and so so expensive. Hope he gets better soon. How did they take a bird's temp??

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Not a bird, my 4-year-old cat. And you are right, they need to be well and that's why I took him in instead of leaving it and "hoping it gets better". When I told my mom she acted like it was a crime to spend my last money on him and went on about how vets and doctors string you along to take your money. :confused: So I guess I'll be going hungry for a while, will do me good.

..or did you know that and just wondering about a bird..that's a good question..how would they take a bird's temp? Maybe the same way as a cat or dog? Unless it's a small bird..or unless they have special thermometers for that? Or maybe under the wing? I have no idea..

Last edited:

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Our Pomeranian had pancreatitus, omg it was HORRIBLE. He had to get "butt baths" for 4 days in a row. I hope your kitty feels better soon!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts