Oh why Oh why...

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Singing to myself...

Oh why, oh why did I go into petco, tooodayyyyy...oh why oh why did I goooooooo????

I fell in love with a gold capped conure and I can not take him hooommmmmmmme... :-(

I'm at capacity or so I'm told...I mean really..every other month I meet a bird I "can't live without....." Right?????

But Sampson was sooo wonderful and when I offered him back to the store employee he said Nooo...take me home and scooted up my arm!

So I rushed back home and spent some more time with my current flock...I just never tire of being around birds at all. I am such an addict!

When I open the door and hear them all flock calling for me and my pigeon cooing...my heart just melts. I seriously love them soo much!

I told Samson before I painfully handed him over...I gave him a kiss and I said "You are such a wonderful boy and I can't take you home, but I know you will find the perfect forever home very soon."

Then I handed him over and the employee says..."He really likes you" I said I know...my spouse says "All birds like me." And then says...6 is E N O U G H....but I slept on this fact and decided..."Lucky 7" :rainbow1:
Hhhmmm....wonder if my hubby would go for that reason to adopt another bird......:54::rolleyes::09:

Toni

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Sounds like me! Hubs is like "NOTHING more at least until we're moved, and settled!" :eek: I totally hear ya!

He's completely right, of course. And even when I can avoid the pets at the stores (whether it's a bird store or a Petco or whatever), somehow I still end up perusing through Craigslist once a week. I think I need some serious intervening!

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
you know what I was completely nervous about even confronting my husband about getting a second conure but I asked him and he just said "as long as a green cheek isn't louder than JJ fine". He is not even an animal person.

So maybe you'll be surprised.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
It is so good to hear other people have this problem too. I was starting to think there was something terribly wrong with me!! Well maybe there still is, but at least I'm not the only one (with this addiction to birds) LOL!!! I guess we could have worse problems, right???!!! Nakisha, it's true 7 is a lucky number. Go ahead and try that on him!

Most Reactions