Bug, it's official...

"Hear ye, hear ye, read ye, read ye!
Bug/etc.,etc.
is
hereby, herewith, and hereafter
appointed
ODDBALL HAUSFRAU HEN HOUSE member
(Appalachian Sub-Division)
and placed in official charge of this, that, and other things as befits and bedazzles that which is at hand and/or foot,
in the true spirit of odds, balls, hausfraus and hens.
So let it be posted, so let it be.
Signed by me, which am the confounded Founder"

LaMartina, feel free to make use of this scroll, as you may see fit, to formalize inductions. Or invent your own! I envision a free-wheeling power-structure here! You are at the very least the co-confounded co-Founder!

(_________________________)
and placed in official charge of this, that, and other things as befits and bedazzles that which is at hand and/or foot,
Signed by me, which am, etc., etc."​

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Can do Gail! Although I will be using your magnificent original text since a) it cannot be improved upon and b) I would not like anyone to think they were getting a lower standard of welcome from the likes of me, a mere proxy, rather than Your Grand Poohbah-esse-ness Herself!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I see I have created some chaos 'twixt the cross-pollinating of these two threads...

http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/83480-ohhh-oddball-hausfra-hens-house.html
http://www.parrotforums.com/off-topic/83316-collecting-bird-themed-wine-corks-3.html

Dearest Super Mods... do you think they should be collapsed, or let well enough alone?

I'm happy either way. Chaos suits this henhouse.

Chaos DOES suit the OHHH. It simply wouldn't do to hem you ladies in with organization and discipline and such as that. As long as you can chew gum and type at the same time............................. it's all good.

So...........................if I may be so bold...................... what do you hens actually DO? I mean, do you offer up thoughts on traditional fashion, relationship and homemaking activities?

We roosters are holding our breath.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
So...........................if I may be so bold...................... what do you hens actually DO? I mean, do you offer up thoughts on traditional fashion, relationship and homemaking activities?

We roosters are holding our breath.

Well, it is enough that we merely exist. We need no particular agenda beyond our cool induction/mission notice.

But yes, yes, we can discuss traditional things. For examples...
Fashion: Traditional superwoman outfit camouflage under t-shirts
Relationship: Traditional sizing issues in doghouse construction
Homemaking: Traditional housework techniques with parrots perched on head and shoulders

Breathe, roosters, breathe.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Some say that the Henhouse is the secret force pulling the strings of Government. Others say they are in charge of Santa's "naughty" list. But I say - back off Roosters! You will never be privy to the zen-like machinations and the Secret Hen's business that underpin the Henhouse!! To wit ...

"Rival wants to get into the Henhouse,
But will likely end up in the Doghouse!
With Lord Jim and Sailboat,
Coz they don't get a vote!
I suggest you adjourn to the Alehouse!"

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Some say that the Henhouse is the secret force pulling the strings of Government. Others say they are in charge of Santa's "naughty" list. But I say - back off Roosters! You will never be privy to the zen-like machinations and the Secret Hen's business that underpin the Henhouse!! To wit ...

"Rival wants to get into the Henhouse,
But will likely end up in the Doghouse!
With Lord Jim and Sailboat,
Coz they don't get a vote!
I suggest you adjourn to the Alehouse!"
And thus speak the hens of the FrauHaus!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Too late, Roz, you have flown too close to the OHHH and its gravitational pull has got hold of you. Plus, I loved all that cool stuff you said. I admire that which baffles me.

Accordingly...

Rozalka
is
appointed
(of Greater Europe, etc., and so forth)
Signed by me, which am the easily confounded Founder, thank you!"

Yes, LaM... now then... Africa...

Ah, Leahhhhh! - YouTube

LeaKP is IN!

LeaKP
is
appointed
(Greater Greytown and Africa Division)

Lea and a couple of others were curious about our mission.
As soon as one of us thinks of one, let the rest of us know!
For now, I would just say...
*encouraging good intentions
*riffing on the roosters
*congratulating ourselves on being OHHH-ers

I think we can rest on those laurels indefinitely.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Welcome to the Henhouse Lea, the most magical kingdom on Earth!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Too late, Roz, you have flown too close to the OHHH and its gravitational pull has got hold of you. Plus, I loved all that cool stuff you said. I admire that which baffles me.

Accordingly...

Rozalka
is
appointed
(of Greater Europe, etc., and so forth)
Signed by me, which am the easily confounded Founder, thank you!"

Yes, LaM... now then... Africa...

Ah, Leahhhhh! - YouTube

LeaKP is IN!

LeaKP
is
appointed
(Greater Greytown and Africa Division)

Lea and a couple of others were curious about our mission.
As soon as one of us thinks of one, let the rest of us know!
For now, I would just say...
*encouraging good intentions
*riffing on the roosters
*congratulating ourselves on being OHHH-ers

I think we can rest on those laurels indefinitely.
Now I'm realizing the last point:
Bravo Lea!
Bravo Gail!
Bravo Martina!
Bravo Bug!
Bravo Laura!
Bravo princess Lilly!

and bravo me, lol:eek:

You don't see it because only I live in Poland but this what I wrote reminds me an advertisment from local TV:p
Resting on laurels... sounds too beautiful:( I have so much studying... 2 top worst subjects to me - physics and chemistry:mad: Why am I writing about it again here? Sorry that you're reading my problems:D

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Annnnnnd, also in our ranks, if I am correct... Lily and Laura!

Roz, if you aren't careful, you may find yourself in charge of SCIENCE!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkUXLzS4M-0"]Thomas Dolby "SCIENCE!" Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Oops! I knew I forgot about somebody!! I've just corrected it! Thanks for spotting so serious mistake!
Ps. I thought it was a joke about Lilly, lol:eek:

Last edited:

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
What are you studying under the dreaded header of Physics and applied physics(lol chemistry)?

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
I found Physics(and chemistry) to be challenging but also fascinating. I loved taking them in college. :) Between them and the maths I studied, it was like pulling back the curtain on the universe and seeing what made it work.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Oh, and I meant it was understandable that you didn't want to list off what you are studying. It does seem to be quite a lot all at once with those classes.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Any of you other hens fancy yourselves "home chefs"? I have discovered a LOVE of cooking over the past few years. Our kitchen situation at the farm is not ideal, so I have had to come up with different ways of cooking things, often with the cast iron dutch oven(love that thing). We are going to have a late Christmas when hubbs' dad and step mom visit us in a month or so, and a goose named Christmas Dinner.... anyway, without an oven we will be trussing it up and roasting the goose over an open fire. Very excited. Never tried this cooking method before, and I have never eaten goose before!

CD has crossbeak so he has to be removed from the flock before he can pass on his genes. We figure give him a great life filled with tasty treats, a respectful and quick end, and the position of honor at our holiday feast. Sorry if that is over the line for some people.

We have been watching a lot of chef john's cooking videos on youtube lately(the data fairy came along and some how we have a few extra gigs of data per month now, no idea how or why... something something gift horse and dental bills or something) and so many of his recipes look AMAZING. I'll have to share a few if you guys are interested in stuff like that.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Well, I don't cook at all BUTTT I love to watch people cook, and I love to eat what they cook. I follow just about every tv cooking show, and my ol' man enjoys cooking and experimenting with recipes I find for him.

I don't... can't... eat birds (just an emotional hang-up, I guess), but I don't at all mind others doing so in my immediate presence.

I love to find recipes, pass them along to a great cook, then watch them do the stuff, then chow down on the results. I love leftovers at midnight, too.

I will definitely look forward to your chef-y reports!

Most Reactions