OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am starting the year off by inventing a special recognition for gentlemen who have done something we liked. After all, they can't join but they ought to have something to which to aspire. Any and all hens are invited to use the title when whenever they please.
Thusfar we have two recognitions...
Julio the Amazon (and by proxy, his assistant, Sailboat-Steven) for recording us in The Book
and
Anansi, Super Moderator Stephen, for fixing the misspellings in the title and first post of this thread.
Each shall henceforth be known as a
RIGHTEOUS ROOSTER.​
And that is that.

I shall now go about further business by reviewing the membership, making sure we have inducted each and every female who has posted anything at any time, and making a master list... er... mistress list? Let's make that a madame list.

I do declare that, amidst all the good works we try to do here... helping parronts and birds... it's good to have a little silliness!

Later, hens!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I shall puff out my chest with appropriate pride for the honor bestowed! My thanks to the Hens of House Hausfrau!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Another RIGHTEOUS ROOSTER has emerged.

I started the year off by inventing a special recognition for gentlemen who have done something we liked. After all, they can't join but they ought to have something to which to aspire. Any and all hens are invited to use the title when whenever they please.

To wit...
Spouse of LaManuka and Defender of the Realm of HRH Lilly and lots of other stuff, including celebrant of Downunder Rain...

MrLaurieKeats is hereby proclaimed to be a RIGHTEOUS ROOSTER!

All hail, OHHH!

Please recall that the mission of the OHHH is to provide hens with some smiles as we go about the serious business of helping birds, and people who love birds! And this gave me a smile!!!

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fang’s wingman)
Thank you, I am proud and thrilled to be given this honour. I am also aware that with great power comes great responsibility.

So….there should be some considerations when going wild in the Henhouse.

Firstly, there will be a need for non-slip shoes at all times…..for when the bird poop really starts to flow. The Henhouse gets a bit rough as we all know so let’s dress properly and safely.

Secondly, if you see some sort of safety breach you need to raise a wing/hand/leg/voice/squawk, so everyone knows. Let us keep an eye out for danger, particularly those of you with 270-degree vision.

Thirdly, I recommend the assigning of Workplace Health and Safety Birds for you all to keep the Henhouse safe. They will be wearing the high visibility vests, goggles and hard hats so will be hard to miss. And the tiny clipboards would be so cute.

Remember everyone safety is everyone’s responsibility.

So, where do I send my invoices? Just asking :)

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Please draw up plans, including lists of the parties to whom the parties of the first part and second part will communicate concerning such matters as pertain heretofore to matters of issues concerning the workplace, safety, workplace safety, safe work, wall safes and bank safes, walls, bank accounts, safety nets, fish nets, and safe words (!). Provide translations from Australian to English and American, you toad, and submit in triplicate in a hermetically-sealed box containing one carton each of Cadbury Easter Candy Coated Mini Eggs, Creamy Milk Chocolate Eggs, Caramel Egg Candy, Milk Chocolate Eggs Filled with Creamy Caramel, and Cadbury Mini Eggs.
The deadline for submission (complete and total) is sooner than you think.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
As self-appointed Australian Cultural Attaché I propose a meeting to formally ratify MrLaurieKeats new position in charge of Henhouse Health and Safety.

HRH The Crown Princess Lilly Pilly has graciously volunteered Her services to advise on Catering for said meeting and since Cadbury Creme Eggs are strictly off the menu for Her, She proposes a smorgasbord of Iced Vovos, Fairy Bread, Lamingtons and Pavlova, all washed down with a few gallons of Bundaberg ginger beer. These high-sucrose dietary specifications have been specially tailored by Herself in keeping with Her Highness’s Royal Preferences and contain enough sugar to light up the City of BrizVegas for a whole year. The rest of us will just have to deal with it!!

Last edited:

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Please draw up plans, including lists of the parties to whom the parties of the first part and second part will communicate concerning such matters as pertain heretofore to matters of issues concerning the workplace, safety, workplace safety, safe work, wall safes and bank safes, walls, bank accounts, safety nets, fish nets, and safe words (!). Provide translations from Australian to English and American, you toad, and submit in triplicate in a hermetically-sealed box containing one carton each of Cadbury Easter Candy Coated Mini Eggs, Creamy Milk Chocolate Eggs, Caramel Egg Candy, Milk Chocolate Eggs Filled with Creamy Caramel, and Cadbury Mini Eggs.
The deadline for submission (complete and total) is sooner than you think.

Well!

Not only have I been snubbed in the Righteous Rooster nominations by this particular self-confessed confounded founder, but I have not been the object of this level of passion and sheer abandon in recent decades of married life. I am therefore throwing in with the Downunders. I have never been there, but I was once told I resembled Steve Irwin, and I have in my closet two pairs of khaki shorts.
My safe word is Rickeybird.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I don't have a safe word!

Okay, I know when I'm beat. I accept all terms. Crikey!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so thrilled to see that MrLaurieKeats will be the newest Righteous Rooster and also be in charge of safety! Since Rival has thrown in with our esteemed Downunders, I think perhaps the invoice should go to him?

Going to hide in my corner now, but will use GAIL as my safe word in fear of Rival's response.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Well!

Not only have I been snubbed in the Righteous Rooster nominations by this particular self-confessed confounded founder, but I have not been the object of this level of passion and sheer abandon in recent decades of married life. I am therefore throwing in with the Downunders. I have never been there, but I was once told I resembled Steve Irwin, and I have in my closet two pairs of khaki shorts.
My safe word is Rickeybird.

Now you just hold your horses there Rival, you need to make sure you're thoroughly prepared for this whole "throwing in with the Downunders" schtick. Our wide brown land is no place for a lily-livered pasty-skinned type like you who can't even stand up for himself against one household parrot. For example, have you got your Henhouse certified Anti Drop Bear kit? Your Hoopsnake anti-venom?? Your shark repellant (for both sea-going and land sharks)??? I dunno about this whole Steve Irwin lookalike business either to be honest with you, I reckon you're making that up!

For trips to the beach you will also require your rashies or at the very least board-shorts, coz the world is not ready for the sight of Rival wearing budgie-smugglers.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Hmmm, I'm pulling out the lawn-chair, popcorn and a cold one, Rival, my friend!
I'll ask Julio for advise in a bit...

hiZTWxi.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanx for the identity pic Rival. It has been passed onto passport control at all national entry points so they’ll know EXACTLY who (or what!) to watch out for!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Well, well, well... you DO have qualities. And let this all be a lesson in redemption for all Righteous Rooster hopefuls. Okay, my love... set the oil aside for now, put the flowers in water, leave the chocolates on the counter, and get busy on those chores. When you're done, go to the gym and see what you can do about those calves. One of the hens will let you know if she sees any further use for you!

Meanwhile, tomorrow is National Compliment Day in America. May I say that all you hens are already looking particularly lovely?!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I am bringing over some stuff from the Scrapbook to this noble thread as it rises from the ashes.

LaManuka said...
The Henhouse’s mission is critical,

The Hausfraus within are atypical,

Righteous Roosters admired,

But Rival is fired,

For being contrary and cynical!😝

Vampiric said...
I vote we make bird toys in the HenHouse, too. I have the supplies!
Beware of Dog? Forget the dog, the BUDGIE is a killer, too!

Several somebodies reminded us of te proposed anthem...
Great little tune for all you slices of hen heaven, indeed!

And then I said...
Okay, that's all fine and good, but...
As Archivist of this here Scrapbook, I hereby and humbly beg to toss this discussion over to the Henhouse thread, where I will shortly have a HIGHLY RELEVANT post to offer!!!!!

So what was that HIGHLY RELEVANT point I had?

This....................................
If you're reopenning the Henhouse, you'll need somebody to take out the trash.
xo
Rival (Bonafied trash-taker-outer, will take trash out for food)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I am bringing over some stuff from the Scrapbook to this noble thread as it rises from the ashes.

LaManuka said...
The Henhouse’s mission is critical,

The Hausfraus within are atypical,

Righteous Roosters admired,

But Rival is fired,

For being contrary and cynical!😝

Vampiric said...
I vote we make bird toys in the HenHouse, too. I have the supplies!
Beware of Dog? Forget the dog, the BUDGIE is a killer, too!

Several somebodies reminded us of te proposed anthem...
Great little tune for all you slices of hen heaven, indeed!

And then I said...
Okay, that's all fine and good, but...
As Archivist of this here Scrapbook, I hereby and humbly beg to toss this discussion over to the Henhouse thread, where I will shortly have a HIGHLY RELEVANT post to offer!!!!!

So what was that HIGHLY RELEVANT point I had?

This....................................
If you're reopenning the Henhouse, you'll need somebody to take out the trash.
xo
Rival (Bonafied trash-taker-outer, will take trash out for food)
Rival, if you're still keen to emigrate to Oz and happy to take out trash for food, please allow me to recommend the following quaint and charming little Darwin eatery for you ... I'd like to see you turn up your nose at this menu!!

roadkillcafe.jpg

Most Reactions