GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
International Phoe Day?
Terry57's (our friend and Super Moderator) dear little conure Phoe passed last year on December 30. He was so special. How's about the OHHH declaring an Annual OHHH Forums Remembrance Day for him? I love the idea.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sounds perfect, I will second (and third!) that motion, great idea :)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I believe we have 7 members SO FAR!!!!!! Is 5 a quorum, say ye? So we got 3 and need 2?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh I don’t think anyone would vote against and HRH the Crown Princess would personally kick their butt out of the Henhouse if they did!

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
On the topic of cooking, for our New Year's Eve spread I am making 3 separate cheese based dips: classic (family recipe) salsa con queso, a jalapeno popper inspired dip, and a sausage and cheese dip. Good thing we have veggies for dipping or I think I'd be getting a 2 week notice from my arteries.

Plus I'm going to use the rendered bacon fat from the bits I cooked to go in the jalapeno popper dip in place of butter to make a batch of brownies.

Hahahahahaha anybody have an AED handy?

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... tasty!!!!!!

Mmmmmmeanwhile, I suggest let's make a quorum 3. I actually researched it. For a group of 7, 4 would be the usual. I say let's make it 3 and probably keep it there even after we get more members.
I see no reason to cloak ourselves in legitimacy. We're hens; a few of us get an idea and off we go, scratchin' in the grass, fluffin' our feathers, and doin' what we do.
Rules and regulations? That's for roosters.

December 30 is International Phoe Day, say I.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
December 30 is International Phoe Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Three cheers for the Oddball Hausfrau Henhouse and Gail’s inspired idea! Let’s all join in a rousing chorus in honour of our Grand Poohbah Hen and all her good works -

“For she’s a jolly good fellow,
For she’s a jolly good fellow,
For she’s a jolly good feeeeellllllllooooooooooooow,
And sausage on a bus.
And sausage on a bus,
And sausage on a bus,
For she’s a jolly good feeeeeelllllooooooooooowwwwwwww,
And sausage on a bus!”

That’s the way I heard those lyrics when I was a little kid and I see absolutely no reason to change ‘em now. Riff on that Roosters!!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Pick me for the western division :)!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hola Jen of the Great North West, as Confounded Co-Founder it is my inestimable pleasure to welcome you officially to the Oddball Henhouse, to wit ...

" O yea O yea O yea!
Jen of the 5200s, of the Great North West
is hereby, herewith, and hereafter
appointed
ODDBALL HAUSFRAU HEN HOUSE member
and placed in official charge of this, that, and other things as befits and
bedazzles that which is at hand and/or foot,
in the true spirit of odds, balls, hausfraus and hens.
So let it be posted, so let it be done.

Signed by me, The Manuka of All Things Scarlet, which am the Confounded Co-Founder"

(it was the sausages on the bus that got to you, wasn't it?? :) )

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Good afternoon honourable OddBall Hausfrau Hen House members. It has struck me this afternoon that the Henhouse requires an Official Club Song. I would like to nominate the following and submit a short Musical Video for your consideration, namely "Slice Of Heaven" by Dave Dobbyn And The Herbs. Exactly what kind of Herbs the venerable Mr Dobbyn is talking about is a matter of conjecture...

In my very humble opinion this tune is appropriate because there's a lyric in there about our Glorious Founding Hausfrau Gail herself, which goes "Howdy Angel, where did you hide your wings?" I think we can all agree that's our Gail to a Tee :) I hope it meets with Henhouse approval.

Enjoy!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Usually, I shrink from being singled out, but tonight my bosom is filled with the righteous promise of a New Year, populated by the OHHH legion!

I am in fact jolly and (generally) good, and I swear to God that i have in fact eaten a sausage on a bus!

That song? Martina, how have I ever partied without that song? The first time I played it just now, I settled for late-night low-volume on my laptop (everybody else is asleep... LIGHTWEIGHTS!) but the second time, I connected the headphones and cranked it up. I was possessed to stand up and execute a boogie. Well, my lower half boogied; my upper half was bent over the couch, whereupon rested the laptop, to which my head (via headphones) was connected by a barbarically short cord. Is that enough of a visual for you?
Yes, an adult beverage or two was/were involved.

There is no shame in celebrating alone when connected via Forums Fellowship!!!!!

Cheers!!!

I wish us all a dandy 2020!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
And welcome, Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to invite our Lady Mods to join, but I respect their need to remain objective about rogue groups like the OHHH. Oh, heck, they're invited! They can be shadow OHHH-ers, with layers of deniability as needed! There! A solution for every problem!

Crank that song up again, and forget the headphones. I need to stand up... I require an erect boogie!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I’m so glad you like the song, it was a HUGE smash hit here in Australia and of course in New Zealand where “Footrot Flats” is set. The central character of The Dog is the inspiration behind my username - the usually timid and mild mannered Dog likes to fantasise about himself as a dashing and debonair heroic type, in the mould of The Scarlet Pimpernel, and calls himself The Scarlet Manuka. I’ve long been a fan of The Dog and Footrot Flats so when I was looking for an alias “La Manuka” seemed the obvious choice :)

And on a small point of order, I did think it would be more appropriate that Terry be inducted (dragooned?) into the Honourable Legion of the OHHH in order to fully ratify the establishment of International Phoe Remembrance Day. So to that end, if I may take the liberty, I’d like to declare Terry57 a full Member whether she likes it or not!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
It's official... 2020 is underway.

Hens are cooking, exploring, dancing/drinking in droves and by themselves,
kidnapping/inducting moderators... complete anarchy... perfect!

But amidst the joyful chaos, it was pointed out to me that "Hausfrau" was spelled incorrectly in the thread title. Now then, we hens of OHHH love havoc, but we do like to spell stuff correctly, so I have asked the SuperMods to rescue us in this matter.

All in all, we are off to a stellar 2020 start!!!!!!

OHHH, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
And on a small point of order, I did think it would be more appropriate that Terry be inducted (dragooned?) into the Honourable Legion of the OHHH in order to fully ratify the establishment of International Phoe Remembrance Day. So to that end, if I may take the liberty, I’d like to declare Terry57 a full Member whether she likes it or not!

LOL, no dragooning necessary! I would be honoured to join your ranks!
And thank you guys about Phoe, reading this was such a beautiful way to start the new year.

Most Reactions