Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Guess who visited the area?

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a handsome guy! You got lucky to spot him:)

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Wow...beautiful!!!

COOPER

Feb 17, 2015
Naples, FL
Parrots
My Eclectus, "Tulaghi" is a Solomon Is. Ekkie. He arrived on Mar. 3rd '18 and is 5 months old.
That is a magnificent bird. Thanks for sharing that.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
What a beautiful owl! Is that a snowy?

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
What a handsome guy! You got lucky to spot him:)

Yeah Thanks....I heard my Zons squawking up a storm on their perch by the window and going all crazy....My wife was like " what in the world set them all off.....looked out the window and on the Pole sat the snowy owl....I thought Ohh my God....that's a snowy Owl...around here???
Must have been migrating and had a stop by here.....

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
You are so very fortunate to see that bird with your own eyes. He's stunning.

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
You are so very fortunate to see that bird with your own eyes. He's stunning.

Isn't he??? Wish I could have gotten closer to take the picture....However I have another owl picture to share that I took inside my pole barn.

I went in the side door and was getting ready to open the main overhead door when something flew by my head and landed on the rafters....

I looked up and there this screech owl sat just a few feet from me. I got the camera and took several pictures then opened the overhead door to allow him/her to freely fly off.

Not sure how it got in there, must have flown in and I not aware of it and shut him in the pole-barn for the night....Very cute bird as well.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wow! No fair! That's two gorgeous visitors and you got great photos of both! Thanks for sharing your good fortune! Stunning snowy owl!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
At least he didn't run into your windows. I have two large windows that sometimes get the poor birds outside. A few weeks ago I heard a loud thud on the window and looked outside. A medium sized hawk was laying on the ground flapping around and right beside him sat this stunned little robin he had been trying to catch. Apparently they both hit my window. I put on my coat and opened the door to go see if they would be alright and as soon as I stepped out they both hopped up and flew off in different directions. That must have been the Robin's luckiest day. If it weren't for my big windows he would have been breakfast.

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
How beautiful! Like others have said, lucky to have gotten a picture!

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
At least he didn't run into your windows. I have two large windows that sometimes get the poor birds outside. A few weeks ago I heard a loud thud on the window and looked outside. A medium sized hawk was laying on the ground flapping around and right beside him sat this stunned little robin he had been trying to catch. Apparently they both hit my window. I put on my coat and opened the door to go see if they would be alright and as soon as I stepped out they both hopped up and flew off in different directions. That must have been the Robin's luckiest day. If it weren't for my big windows he would have been breakfast.

Actually had that happen last summer......We have outdoor window perch bird feeders and humming bird feeders on outside windows so we can watch the wild birds up close.

My wife and were watching a lovely red-headed woodpecker (about the size of a quaker ) when all of the sudden it crouched down then BOOOMMM
a hawk slammed into it and slamming the woodpecker into window. All we seen was a puff of feathers it happened so fast.

Hawk was fine.....no so for the wood pecker though. But that's nature...can't interfere with nature. We thought about moving the window perches,
which we did, away rom house, but still the hawks will snatch the birds of the feeders or follow them into a bush.... Hawks are very swift.
I 'll never forget when my daughter was 6 she wanted a kitty, and we got her this grey fluffy tiger kitty....the cat was no more than 20 feet from us
and a huge Hawk snatched it up right in front of us and off it went.....the look on my daughters face...and mine as well....we were speechless.
So I tell people don't let your guard down if your outside with your parrots, especially African greys, they resemble a pigeon, One of a Hawks favorite snacks!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts