Ok, how adorable can you get?

ct92404

Oct 14, 2012
California
Parrots
My first bird was a parakeet named Buddy (passed away November 8, 2012). My newest friend is a parakeet named Chipper.
Congratulations on your new birdie! He's so cute, and it's amazing how friendly he looks!

Yeah, if your bird is grinding his beak, that is a very good sign. That means the bird is feeling happy and relaxed. Also, if he preens his feathers around you (especially his tail feathers), I think that is a good sign too. A bird has to let its guard down in order to preen its feathers, so if he does that around you that means he feels safe in his environment and he trusts you.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Ok, how adorable can you get?

Meant to check this out earlier, but forgot about it, when I saw the thread again, I just had to stop by & see if I need to post my pic too, but no, I don't guess I'd be much competition for Baby.....

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Baby got his first misting. Enjoyable?

bath007.jpg

I think he did... Thought I'm no bird expert =P

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
He (?) is too adorable! One of my favorite mutation combinations! Whiteface pearl!!!!!

My Casey was similar to Oz! Had a hard time getting her to step up onto my hand, so I would lure her over with head scritch promises! She learned that if I wriggled my index finger then it meant that I'd give her scritches! And if she wanted them, she had to keep coming closer and closer to my hand to step up! She now understands that stepping up equals scritches!

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Oh, Oz loves his scritches too X3 Thought he's been in a grumpy mood ever since I came back from my weekend trip yesterday. He's been attacking his cage/toys and shredding his cuttlebone to pieces =S Could he be mad at me for going away for three days?

Yesterday when I tried to pet him he tried to 'eat' my fingers and this morning too... Thought today most of the time he seems to forget he's angry and rubs his head against my fingers to get his neck rub instead. He still eats outta my hand too and take his threats, so I don't think he's scared of me...?

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
It seems like Oz has adopted you. I see a wonderful friendship in the making. Thanks for posting the pics and please post more. Oz is beautiful.

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Baby sure loves my bed. He even fits with the covers xD

bloodyhell004.jpg

I need to stop letting him walk all over me thought (or not :eek:) ... I can live with messy hair.

sillybird011.jpg

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
He looks very healthy and happy! Definately looks smoother and more mature from his first pic. :). I don't let mine in my hair either lol! I don't need any surprise accessories!

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Yeah, I was just laying in bed (reading, I wouldn't take a nap with him out) and he was playing on the pillows and then all of a sudden, I feel him climb on top of my head. I let him have his fun long enough to snap a few shots as he groomed my eyebrows, but I got him off my head soon after since I wasn't sure when it was that he last pooped. =P

OP
Kiryon

Kiryon

May 19, 2013
Media
Canada
Parrots
Cockatiels - Oz & Kaila
Oh, I got ore shots I quite liked (totally forgot about them in the last post):

On my knee (I swear he's forever on my bed, maybe once his playgym is done he'll stop obsessing over it)

bloodyhell017.jpg

Uh... did you want to take a bath...?

bloodyhell023.jpg

On Da Pillow. His pillow, don't try to take it, he'll fight you for it.

bloodyhell030.jpg

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Very cute bird!! And omg we have the same duvet cover lol!

Most Reactions