Ooof! Long, cold day! But a good day.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So today I did some online shopping and got almost $200 worth of perches and toys for Yoshi.. :eek::eek:
I know it will make him happy though so really I don't mind. I'm just glad I was able to afford it! Haha.
Yesterday here in Texas it was in the 70s.. and today it's 19 and icy outside. Jeez. This is what happens when you procrastinate grocery shopping... as soon as you really NEED to go, everything freezes. Oh well.
Yoshi is still making new sounds every day, I love watching him come out of his shell.
He really likes Jim Gaffigan (The comedian) because of how he makes his voice sound.. and of course the audience applause. At the end of every skit you'll hear Yoshi in the background going "Wooooo...!!!" Hehe. :)
Silly birdie. Excited to make his cage fun for him :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
When I went to work in the morning it was like in the high 60's and I put my jacket on before going outside, I was going hummm, maybe I don't need the jacket. Then about noon it got cloudy outside and the temperature start dropping like mad. Then it started raining none stop and it's supposed to turn into sleet and then snow in the morning. Supposed to get icy and dangerous outside....

When I buy bird stuffs I buy them mainly at the bird fair and I keep a cash budget so I don't over spend....lol

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I just LOVE hearing the excitement and love for your handsome green man in your posts. He really seems to have found his perfect home!:jumping40

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I can't wait to see pictures of all the goodies you ordered for Yoshi! i swear, I have more fun shopping fo rthe fids than I ever have shopping for myself;)
I can't believe what a big temp difference you had! We are having a heat wave today, it was only -21 when I got up;)

Anne

Mar 1, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Otto - Senegal Parrot born in 2006
Weekamp - Senegal Parrot born in 2007
Joris - Congo African Grey born in 2008
Suzy - Blue fronted Amazon born in 2009 or in 2006
Kwiebuz - Caique born in 2013
I really enjoyd raeading your story.

Shopping for the birds is very fun! Today I saw some awesome things online that I really have to get! Just safe some money so I can buy more at once.

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Thanks you guys! I'm quite excited to get my box of goodies.. haha.
The nearest bird fair is in May, Mikey, and I don't want him to be in an empty cage for *that* long. Haha. But I've heard allot of good things from mysafebirdstore.com on this thread so I felt pretty good about getting 90% of my stuff from there.
Terry: I can't stand the cold. Haha. Born and raised in Texas, 6 years ago it would never even get too icy in the winter.. global warming up north is screwing up our winter down south! Hehe. Pretty sure you're just taking our heat.. Haha.
And Iabell: It's hard NOT to be excited! I've always loved birds but was always afraid to have a big parrot because of the requirements, cage size, food, and time.. but now that I've got my big green fellow he's been great! He still doesn't like to be off of his cage but he's never been aggressive to me or Brad, and he talks to us through the day (in his birdie language, of course.) so I know he's happy. :) I think he tries to get my conures' attention, but they pay him no mind at all.. they're probably in denial. Little punks. Hehe

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Couldn't sleep at all last night, dang hormones. Oh well. Listened to Yoshi preen for a while before he dozed off too.
My order from mysafebirdstore shipped yesterday morning so Wheeeee~ Excited!
The only things I got off amazon were a couple of perches that were either out of stock, or not selling on mysafebirdstore.com so that's the less important(And the more expensive.. yeesh!) of the two.. but still. It's like christmas hehe.
Yoshi was trying to yell for me while I was doing the dishes.. He just *had* to out-do the music and running water since I wasn't in the room hah. Silly boy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
When is the expected delivery date? I cannot wait to see Yoshi with all his new goodies:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
That's pretty fast - it's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning so you can open your presents!

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
I know~ I'm just hoping it's not so cold/icy by Friday, I'm gonna look mighty goofy walking back from the apartment complex office all bundled up with an awkwardly large box.. Hehe.

Most Reactions