OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I called the vet this morning because they hadnā€™t called me with the CBC results. Apparently they emailed them, but I gave them the email address I never check. Anyway-CBC looks good, so no systemic evidence of disease. She hasnā€™t seemed as sleepy the last couple of days either, so I guess all is well. Thanks again for being here, all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
And another update. I replied to the vetā€™s email that Bumble still seems sleepy and still shows that slight tail bob. Sheā€™s prescribing an antibiotic (enroflaxin) in case thereā€™s something that didnā€™t show up in blood work.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
The very first time I visited the vet, she told me to get Bum used to a syringe. Been meaning to do it ever since. Of course, sheā€™s scared of it. But sheā€™s not scared of oatmeal! Here is a picture of her enjoying her antibiotic spiked treat-thanks to the number of threads Iā€™ve read about getting the meds in the bird.

b227ef4c067c587abc60893ca2556307.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Good news! You are doing the probiotics too ? Noodles and EllenD recommend when Ta-dah was sick and I'm very happy with the results! You know your burd best so I hope to hear that the sleeping abd minor bob disappear! Cute pic

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Good news! You are doing the probiotics too ? Noodles and EllenD recommend when Ta-dah was sick and I'm very happy with the results! You know your burd best so I hope to hear that the sleeping abd minor bob disappear! Cute pic

No, I didnā€™t know about those. I should look into it. And Iā€™m hoping it all disappears too.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Friday morning update: a good one!

Almost 10 am, and Bumble has taken no naps this morning. And I didnā€™t mention this yesterday, because I was too freaked out about it, but I had started to notice a little trouble with her grip. She usually sits on my shoulder and/or hangs off my shirt while I putter around the house-yesterday she kept kind of fluttering around and flying off unexpectedly. Difficult to describe, but it really had me terrified. She was still perching and sleeping on one foot, but it was a noticeable difference, and her little feets didnā€™t seem as tight on my finger. This morning thatā€™s all gone! Sheā€™s hanging on to my shirt fine and her grip on my finger seems normal again.

I hope this keeps up, and this morning Iā€™m feeling VERY relieved.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just saw this, don't know how I missed it! I was going to ask if she was getting better on the meds? The grip thing mine sometimes lightly grip, even when sleeping lol. I'm glad less naps and more flights! You can meet take a beak ful of yogurt with active culture, I do once a week. I bought probiotics at pets smart person Noodles and Ellen D. I couldn't find Benny bac. You know how antibiotics are so you might want to get some probiotics while she is going through treatment at least. I hope you see more improvement and no more scary stuff! Unless you post a pom!

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
She seems to be back to her normal health. Iā€™ve been putting her meds into a tiny crust of bread and then watching her eat it, retrieving pieces she flings, and making sure it all goes down. One more week of the meds.

Sheā€™s been sassy and chirpy and ridiculous lately. I didnā€™t realize how quiet she had gotten.

Most Reactions

Latest posts