orange winged amazon keeps closing right eye help !!!

shrimpy

Aug 30, 2012
hello
I have a 4 mth orange winged amazon :green: and for the past 3 days his right eye has been constantly closing and he's most active with the other eye , in the past I've took him to the vet and it wasn't anything, he had perfect health then but i'm worried about it now because his eye has remained closed and its almost the fourth day he's like this, should I be worried ? any advice on what to do ?

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
I would consider taking him back to the vet and explain his eye has been closed for 4 days they should exam him I hope it isn't anything bad.

OP
S

shrimpy

Aug 30, 2012
I was about to do that but then he opened back his eyes , apparently he seems to be closing it during the day and keeping it wide open at night recently, should I still take him to the vet ?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hey shrimpy, welcome to the forum. Yes you need to take him to the vet. I'm not sure what could be causing that but would sure like to know. Keep us informed,please.

Most Reactions