Ouch... just got the bill breakdown for Merlin's leg surgery...

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Reading back on your posts, it seems that physio worked really well for Merlin... Wasn't that kept up?

He still has physiotherapy for his toes to keep them stretching, but we don't do it as often now because it's not needed, he stretches and uses them well on his own unlike when we first got them and his toes were constantly 'clenched' so we did it two/three times every second day for a while.
& the physiotherapy would only work twisting his leg further backwards... as it was stuck out to the side when we first got him but now it's just backwards so he can kinda use it, just the wrong way.

&yeah, when I put in to get Merlin insured and mentioned he had a splayed leg they rang me to make sure they knew that it wouldn't be covered (and I couldn't get him insured until after we'd officially done with physiotherapy. eurg!)

I'll keep everyone updated on what happens, still waiting on a 2nd response from the 2nd vet about potential payment options before deciding on what to do with Merlin.

Still waiting on another email response from the 2nd vet regarding payment planYpe thint

Most Reactions

Latest posts