Ouch

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
As I may have mentioned before, my husband and I are pretty avid motorcycle riders. We ride sport bikes (I have a Yamaha R6 and he has a Hayabusa and BMW 1000RR) and today was the first day of the year with perfect riding weather...so we had to go out.

Anyway, I low-sided on a turn and went down. There are no broken bones and my motorcycle is okay. I have some bruises and a mild concussion. I'm going to be sore, sore, sore for the next few days.

The saying goes that there are 2 kinds of riders in the world, the ones who have already wrecked, the the ones who are going to wreck. At least I got mine over with and I have very few injuries and no major ones to show for it. I was wearing full gear - pants, boots, jacket, gloves and helmet. Very lucky thing. I cracked my helmet, but at least it wasn't my head. So, no matter how hot it is, always wear all of your gear.

JawzX

Aug 22, 2010
Media
Vermont
Parrots
8 year-old second-hand Alexandrine Parakeet Buddy (aka Baby, aka Ms. Prissy Beak)
as a member of the "wrecked" club, let me welcome you! Unfortunately my wreck was at the fault of a 95 year-old motorist and I broke me left am and wrist quite badly in the crash, but thanks to modern orthopaedic surgery it's almost as good as new. ;)

I second your wise words, always wear the protective gear! It can mean the difference between an embarasing, painful fall and a trip to the hospital, or especially in the case of your helmet (for those of you who live in locales without a mandatory helmet law) the difference between a trip the hospital and a trip to the morgue.

I need another bike, I've spent too long mooching off borrowed bikes since mine was tottaled. Even knowing the dangers first hand, it's just too much fun... and a great fuel and space efficient way to commute!

OP
HRH Di

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
As a very wise friend of mine once said, You can wash off sweat, you can't wash off road rash.

I always, always, always wear a helmet, and armored jacket and gloves. Not as good about wearing armored pants as I should be, but I think that's about to change.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Glad you okay, the eina will go away and no more ouch please..........
Wonderful that you are totally dressed up with full safely gear
Wishing you many happy safe hours on your

Dan

Jan 23, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Jade - RFM
Max - Alexandrine (HRH Di)
Ruby - CAG (HRH Di)
don't forget the neat helicopter ride you got to the hospital..

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
don't forget the neat helicopter ride you got to the hospital..

That I don't remember...my first time in a helicopter, too!

Dont use that as an excuse to fall again!!!
sSig_nonosign-2.gif

:D:D:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts