T

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
OMG...how incredible! Did you want to cry? I'm soo happy that things are going in the right direction. Thank you for giving him a loving home!!

Having gotten a 3 yo Ducorp cockatoo just last month..I'm amazed at how trusting they can be. My biggest fear actually is when I have to take her to the vet for a check up. I may ask the vet if I can stay outside the room so that she doesn't associate me with the visit.

It was very exciting! :-D He is still slightly cage aggressive but even that is getting better!he is such a great bird and we are so happy to have him in the family!

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
OMG...how incredible! Did you want to cry? I'm soo happy that things are going in the right direction. Thank you for giving him a loving home!!

Having gotten a 3 yo Ducorp cockatoo just last month..I'm amazed at how trusting they can be. My biggest fear actually is when I have to take her to the vet for a check up. I may ask the vet if I can stay outside the room so that she doesn't associate me with the visit.

It was very exciting! :-D He is still slightly cage aggressive but even that is getting better!he is such a great bird and we are so happy to have him in the family!

But the best part is that you "get it". You know he's cage agressive so you let him come out on his own terms and then bond with him. Not everyone likes people in their space. Once he knows you better he'll invite you in.
It's going in the right direction and that is what is most important.
XOXO to you!

OP
T

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Yes we are not pushing him, the only reason we tried head scratches is because he put his head down for them! :)

I sent these pics to his previous owner, she was very happy and said it had been over a year since he was held and petted like that!

OP
T

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Today he stepped up onto my arm from the door of his cage! He is making such great progress!

Most Reactions

Latest posts