Pacho gone to joing PLumas

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Huge hugs. Something my vet said to me a few months ago might be of some comfort. My cockatoo, Oscar, got very sick and was diagnosed with early stage liver disease. Of course I was terribly upset. But as we talked about the changes I needed to make to his diet and environment, he says to me "Maggie, you can't fault yourself for what happened before he got to you. He clearly had a terrible life before you. But he's got a great future *with* you." You gave Pacho a great life from the time you got him. That's all anybody can do.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wes, I am so very sorry for your loss of Pacho. I know the pain is relentless and excruciating but in time the razor sharp edges of grief will be replaced by all the sweet memories from your journey. Pacho was fortunate to be so loved and well cared for.

Most Reactions