Parrots and Dubia Roaches

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
Well today I got a CRUD load of Dubia and started sorting them out as soon as I got the chance. I had Apple on my shoulder and he slowly worked his way onto the Dubia bin. He managed to get into the bin and started eating one! I quickly grabbed him but he would not let go of the Roach. I thought since they were raised and not wild that it would be okay. Now, he is like a crack head! He LOVES them, lol! So, is it okay? I feed the Dubia fresh fruits and veggies.

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
Fresh fruits and veggies is good diet ~~

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
omg but lol!!! i managed to keep nut from eating my son's stick insects, but like apple, every time i went to clean the cage, she'd be there, leaning sneaky side walk towards tank etc

my main worry was, the sticks got fed, shrubbery from the garden and i can never be to sure if they were free of insectacides etc

just remember high protien food, so give sparingly

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
I let him have a few and will continue to let him have some every once in a while. He tends to only eat his seed mix and won't even touch fruits or veggies except apples, maybe by feeding the dubia lots of fruits and veggies (as I already do) he will atleast get a bit of it passed to him. :)

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzs8gjik_0w]Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions