greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
This is a beautiful video that I have seen many times. I wanted to share. You will need kleenex though.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FAM8BOPNzk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Parrots that Inspire Me[/ame]

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
OMG there are not enough kleenex in the world to catch the tears after watching this video. It should be shown to anyone thinking of breeding or currently breeding!! Thank you GC for letting us see this vid.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Noone is tough enough for that video.

Oh my goodness. So glad the shop is shut and I'm on my own.....

Thanks for posting GC.

Everything is conspiring against me to adopt one of these TAG'S by the hour.....

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
OMG I am so upset, how can people be so cruel.
To keep a bird in a cage for 40 years, I am absolutely devastated.
One small consolation, at least the birds were given some love and affection, even if it was towards the end.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
It's especially difficult because many of those birds look just like my Ruby. We're "technically" her 2nd family, although she's never lived with anyone but us and the breeder. The first family decided they didn't wanter her because she wasn't "perfect" due to losing 4 of her toes. So, how does that make her less deserving of their home? Obviously, they didn't deserve to have such a wonderful girl.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
There are similiar stories to be found with all species of pets. I don't know why someone would rehome a 12 year old dog because they were moving. (An ad I saw here recently) I think birds end up with so many homes because people don't do the necessary research, and for some reason, think that they can be given away like a piece of furniture. It's so sad....:mad:

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Oh My Goshhhhh!!! This truly breaks my heart, I can NOT believe the utter ignorance that is out there. 40 yrs in a CAGE?!?! WOW and I get all heartbroken when I have to cage Maui to go to the stupid grocery store! I really HATE caging him, he doesn't normally mind actually, at all, because he isn't MADE to be in his cage much at all.

I wish I could own a ton of property and have a HUGE outside Aviary so that I can rescue these kinds of cases. I would have volunteers come in and help me care for and love EVERY single ONE of them!

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
thats so upsetting, so many birds out there need help. my hearts breaking thinking about it. x

LELAND

Dec 30, 2010
OMG. .. This truely breaks my heart. I cannot believe. How can people be so cruel? I am so tensed to hear about that. So sad. . . :(

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
My heart is breaking! I believe this should be shown to everyone.
Our pets ancestors suffered so that selfish human beings could "own" these wonderful creatures.
I feel lucky to have Chia with me everyday. Parrots are a privilege to us, one that should never have happened but it did and we should honor that.

Most Reactions