Peanut's nightly cuddle...

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Since Pea has started stepping up to me, we have been cuddling at night for a half an hour to an hour. I try to be consistent with her schedule and she is trusting me more and more, although she still tests me. It is very hard to not snuggle and cuddle with her all the time but I don't want her to be "over spoiled" and start screaming for me. She's out of her cage for a few hours and then before bed we have our cuddle time.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
OMG that is "too" ;) freaking adorable! Cuteness overload right there.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Awwww! That's cutest darn thing I've seen all day!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Awwwwwwwwww....that's just too cute.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Since Pea has started stepping up to me, we have been cuddling at night for a half an hour to an hour.
A kind of bird I'm dreaming of!
But I won't need a hubby then! LOL, jk :D

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Awww, what a little cuddle bug Pea is!!!!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I love cuddling with my parrots. My new ones are there yet but we are working on it. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

OP
4dugnlee

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Thanks everyone! She is my little cuddle bug...Sassy and Cisco are not cuddly...sweet but not cuddly. Now I'm working on getting Pea further away from her cage. She freaks if I get more than a few steps away from it. I have made it to the center of the couch that's closest to her cage when cuddling but that's it. Oh well, baby steps...we will get there...

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
That is adorable. Husband doesn't think birds will cuddle so I showed him your pics. He was awed. Nice job!

OP
4dugnlee

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
That is adorable. Husband doesn't think birds will cuddle so I showed him your pics. He was awed. Nice job!

I showed these pics to my friend that I got Pea from (she only had her for about a month and only got her to get her away from her sister's because of the way she was (wasn't) being taken care of) and she said she didn't know Pea would cuddle like that.:D

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Most Toos like to cuddle. I won't say all of them because I'm not 100% sure but the ones that I personally know...love to cuddle.

I did the cuddle thing with Yeti last night and he didn't move for several minutes. I think he was in shock that someone wanted to cuddle.

OP
4dugnlee

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Most Toos like to cuddle. I won't say all of them because I'm not 100% sure but the ones that I personally know...love to cuddle.

I did the cuddle thing with Yeti last night and he didn't move for several minutes. I think he was in shock that someone wanted to cuddle.

Yes, I think Peanut is in shock that I want to cuddle too. She hasn't had anyone to trust for so long. When you have time, post more pics of Yeti...I love pics..lol:32:

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Ok - I will try to get more pics this weekend. It is so nice of you all to want pics. However, this weekend is my grandson's first birthday party so if I take pics...it should be of him. :p

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What fantastic progress. Since Peanut is this trusting, the sky is the limit for future trust!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww Leanna, that is so sweet! I can't get through the day without a hug or several from Poppy.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
this weekend is my grandson's first birthday party so if I take pics...it should be of him. :p
With Peanut, both wearing birthday hats :D

My galah will put her head down to get petted, but she doesn't lie down like that.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
How precious! It looks like you both are enjoying that cuddle time:)

OP
4dugnlee

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Awww Leanna, that is so sweet! I can't get through the day without a hug or several from Poppy.

As soon as I let her out of her cage I have her step up for a hug. I usually have to do this a few times as one hug is just not enough for me:10:. Then we have our "long" cuddle time before bed. Of course we pet her everytime we walk past and talk/dance with her too...just can't help it:D.

How precious! It looks like you both are enjoying that cuddle time:)

Yes, we both enjoy our cuddle time. I don't know which of us enjoy it more:30:. It is VERY hard to end it, but I don't want the "Too" repercussions if she thinks she can be on me all the time;)

Most Reactions