Pecker - my head in the eye socket bird - rip

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
BTW Mark, I cut and leveled it for you to see the painting a bit better, if you take the picture with no flash (light up the room first) and a bit closer I could make it better for you

Mark3.jpg

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
BTW Mark, I cut and leveled it for you to see the painting a bit better, if you take the picture with no flash (light up the room first) and a bit closer I could make it better for you

Mark3.jpg

That was an art card that ANOTHER friend of mine did... I resent the photo of the painting a few minutes ago...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Sorry to put you to all this trouble, I just don't have a way of doing it myself.

That painting really did capture that bond... and that's just the way she was with me.

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
Got it, BEAUTIFUL, Very Touching, was it made from a picture of you ?
(it looks EXACTLY like you do in one one your pics)
I leveled it, let me know if its too bright, not like the original

LOVE It!! Thanks for sharin !!

Mark5.jpg

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
A beautiful tribute to a wonderful bird. It's terrible when they have to go. Even in death our pets teach us wonderful life lessons.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, my friend Holly painted that for me. It's actually one of those "prize possessions" you collect over the years. It has no monetary value, but the sentimental value is off the charts...

Back in those days, I had feathered ear muffs. My two zons.

That stuff about not letting them too close to your face? It's because if they both stick their head in your eye socket, you can't see where you are going!

Amazons get a bad rap.

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I just love that painting. It brought tears to my eyes. It's a very emotionally powerful piece.

Most Reactions

Latest posts